Vainglory Forums

Review about the matchmaking system

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 8, 2016 8:45pm | Report
Hey,

so I had a bit of time today and I finally made it to play 45 soloQ ranked matches in a ROW.

Conclusion:
-39 lost
-6 won (3 because of the enemy was AFK)

-Dropped form Simply Amazing Silver to Pretty Good Gold

I think it's needless to say that the game's SOLO RANKING SYSTEM is full of flaws and totally biased.

I advice anyone who wants to keep their skilltier high,

DO NOT

play solo ranked games. You will just end up extremely frustrated and having the feeling that this game is broken.

Some of my former teammates I have played with, added me randomly on my friend list.
Surprisingly most of these people and the median of them were at following skilltier level:
    DECENT-ISH
and
    NOT BAD

My Skilltier:
Simply Amazing

Enemies average skilltier:
Simply Amazing
Pinnacle of Awesome

So yeah. I know I have dropped alot from my skilltier but however I just wanted to try it out and show you guys how f* up this ranking system is. Unless you don't care about your skilltier level and just want to play for fun or earn glory points, I seriously recommend you to find skilled people to play with (additional use voice talk for better communication).

So don't wonder in future if you keep getting matched with f*up imbeciles and mentally challenged people.

Hope I could help!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 9, 2016 1:27am | Report
I'm not even going to deal with this, your too salty for your brain to understand anything that comes up on your screen. I'm out, cya dude.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » March 9, 2016 7:53am | Report
'cause 45 games is a reliable sample size lol.

for your test, are we to assume:
you successfully added every participant from every match to view their skilltier.
these 45 games took course over a number of days, maybe weeks.
you had 0 multiple run-ins with the same players.
???

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 9, 2016 9:43am | Report
uncrudable,

you are always using the same arguments over and over again based on your personal experience while on the other hand you know nothing better than insulting other players. very professional.

at least I have used a whole day to try the system out and can confirm that the ranked system is broken. Maybe it also depends on the region and arera you are plaiyng but in EU region it is confirmed by so many top guilds that solo ranked system has flaws.

@Halcius:
45 games in a ROW (together with some of my guild mates - our guild average skilltier is PoA) within 24 hours is a very reliable sample size. Sorry to disappoint you, but I have added almost everyone of my teammates after a match to see which skilltier they were AND I have written down everyone's IGN + their skilltier level. Believe me or not I have a full list of these players (because of no name shaming I am not going to publish it)

And again. 45 dropped matches within 24 hours. Very possible if you do it for a whole day. It was a pain in my *** and it was very tiring but absolutely makeable. I am just saying that solo ranked system is broken. I still don't get it why so many of you are defending it whilst you have clearly no idea about the game nor real skilled team plays. Instead keep on insulting people with different opinions. That's a joke.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 9, 2016 1:02pm | Report
"Very Professional" ok first of all I'm only on VGF because I feel like it. I'm not exactly getting paid for this and I have the freedom to say whatever the **** I want.

Second of all you still seem salty for me to bring up the same old or even something new, some I'll be doing something till you reply back with nether insult or something like that.

Third of all, I said your salty it's not a insult it's the complete truth because I can completely tell your salty, it's easy to tell when someone is pissed off on this site. So yeah it's still not a insult but if your that sensitive, then that ones on me and I'll be going now.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoahsNotHere » March 9, 2016 3:48pm | Report
Oi boys, calm down, Firstly the system is ****ed. i played 10 matches the whole day in ranked, i solo all of those 10, i lost every game, it might of been a bad day, or its just the system.

i had 5 AFK team mates in a row. i had noob team mates in the lane and in roam, so dumb they chase the enemy into their turrets at level 5.

I say dont ever ever ever ever play solo ranked, go with your guild and play, even though most of my guild is going solo, i wait for them to finish their and then i play, the system is messed up and i recommend for the developers the change the system of matchmaking, experiment, DO SOMETHING

NoahsNotHere
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 9, 2016 4:26pm | Report
Who is the system biased against...?
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 9, 2016 5:37pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

"Very Professional" ok first of all I'm only on VGF because I feel like it. I'm not exactly getting paid for this and I have the freedom to say whatever the **** I want.

Second of all you still seem salty for me to bring up the same old or even something new, some I'll be doing something till you reply back with nether insult or something like that.

Third of all, I said your salty it's not a insult it's the complete truth because I can completely tell your salty, it's easy to tell when someone is pissed off on this site. So yeah it's still not a insult but if your that sensitive, then that ones on me and I'll be going now.

Oh dear,

I can assume from all your written posts (I have read some of them now on the forum) that you are a squishy noob. Sorry to say that.
If you would have EVER played with any skilled player, you would totally know that you are talking ********. Like full of **** and wrong information spread by you. (besides going to use your language standard)

You have obviously NEVER reached a skilltier level ABOVE Simply Amazing and so haven't you played with any skilled players yet. And back to your argument:

YES - I can easily solo carry my whole team even VS 10 total noobs if that is necessary. But it isn't because you keep to average getting matched with enemies who are at least your skilltier level while your teammates (and I swear I am not lying here) keep running into the enemy's turret and base and it is clearly that they do NOT meet your skilltier level standard.

Just a few examples to show you how "pro" the matchmaking system is:

-Catherine buys Tornado Trigger and Sorrow Blade
-Our Ringo lane player buys 3 boots and keeps running into traps and turrets

-Krul buys Sorrowblade and Tornado Trigger. Not a single defensive item. (seriously)
-Krul keeps attacking Koshka early game. (?!?)
-Skaarf goes full ****** and buys WP.

-Catherine buys Alternating Current and Barbed Needle (LMAO WTF?!)
-Catherine keeps attacking enemy's minions and Boss solo

-Our Joule goes full ****** and starts to farm steal everyone's gold (lane player's gold)
-Skye goes full Weapon Power (lol)

There are SO MANY examples I could show you and I was at SA GOLD skilltier when I experienced that! So **** your ******** and stop telling lies about the matching system dude. I have them all on my screen I could show you, but I am too lazy to blurry all the names out. Just for your consideration. Maybe where you live (I guess somewhere in America) you must be extremely lucky that you always get matched with total serious pro players, you lucky lucky boy. My life is not that eudemonic, I keep getting 80% paired with total idiots and dumbf*cks. Even our vainglorious and pinnacle of awesome guild mates NEVER NEVER do solo ranked matches because of these dumb idiots. Period.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 9, 2016 6:18pm | Report
You know what? I will use this thread also as some kind of diary/blog of everyday's ranked/or casual match.

I just had two casual solo match. One lost. One won (because I carried ALONE, but read further what is written down)

10.03. first match:

-Lane Ringo buys tornado trigger first and no sorrow blade. Journey Boots as second item. Seems legit. Keeps running into enemies lane and gets killed minute after minute. At minute 7 he already died 12 times.
-I was Rona and tried to jungle as much as I could.
-Catherine just stood the whole time next to me and did NOTHING
-Lost after 14 minutes.

10.03. second match:
-Catherine is AFK since the beginning. Rejoins after 3 minutes. Goes AFK again. Comes back again.
-Comeback of Catherine: Buys Tornado Trigger and Serpent Mask. Ok. Legit. Totally pro. (WTF?!)
-Catherine goes AFK again at minute 6.
-Catherine coms back at minute 10:24
-Catherine tries to buy sorrow blade (I mean come on. I think even my dog has more intellect than that player)
-Catherine keeps standing behind the turret
-Minute 15: Catherine keeps running in circles

-Taka is the only beeing consequent. He bought an ironguard and keeps invisible next to me while I farm the lane.
-Taka slowly but progressively gains gold and becomes stronger (crystal power)
-Taka helps and assists me at lane to finish off enemies.

-Myself: Saw. Weapon Power.
-Spam pinged that mofo stupid catherine. Nothing helps. Ok I give up. No I don't. Don't want to lose another f* match. So I keep going trying to carry that taka players as much and best as I can.
-Go full risk: Sorrowblade, Journey Boots and one Atlas Pauldron against Krul
-Rest of my build: Full Serpent Mask in hope that Taka can distract the enemies enough so I can lifesteal and stay alive while finishing off the enemies (enemies didn't buy any atlas nor plate of armory)

-Victory after freaking 29 minutes.
-Conclusion: 2vs3 Victory.

Now tell me that this matched system is not totally screwed. LOL.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » March 9, 2016 8:24pm | Report
@above

holy ****, if you are playing with these kinds of teammates, you must be in skill tier 3 or something.

I play ranked matches in skill tier 5(gold) - 6(bronze) and I get **** teammates like 1/4 matches.

quit making up so much BS lmao
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved