Vainglory Forums

Show skill tier of teammates during hero selection?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kash123 » February 23, 2016 12:41am | Report
So after getting a lot of low level players I am kinda tired. But whatever the matchmaking sucks a lil. Anyways had an idea. Why not show the skill tiers of the team mates during hero selection. Atleast that way when we lose due to low level teammates we know before hand what we getting into.
Might even make folks play aggressively to carry a weak team if he knows beforehand. And I don't mind a small few mins ban if I avoid hero selection in wait for a decent team

What say?

kash123
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 23, 2016 1:16am | Report
It's a good suggestion but in some cases it makes over zealous solo queuers just not play if they see there team mate is a skill below them which is really judgemental and a rank doesn't always show how good you are.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kash123 » February 23, 2016 7:44am | Report
Agreed. But that's the point. If they don't play. They will get banned and their loss. But atleast if they play, they know beforehand whom they are playing with. Instead after losing the game knowing ur playing with a "Getting there" level.
Also I agree that that a level doesn't show how good u r but that's prolly a 1 in 5 player who is good but at a lower level. Generally there are trolls and personally I would prefer taking a timeout ban than play with a low level person

kash123
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 23, 2016 8:07am | Report
Funfact: Once I played a ranked match in Pretty Good Bronze. After the match I friended a player, he actually was in Working On It Silver. Enough said about that.
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Vystirch » February 23, 2016 10:34am | Report
I forsee so many que dodges with this... I don't know if I'd ever get into a match actually. Not because I was dodging but because one of the other 5 people did. There are so many players who seriously judge a player just by their rank, they seem to forget they were there themselves at one time. Whenever I casual with lower ranked players I always ask them "If I can offer some tips," if they say yes I nicely point out their mistakes. Because that's how I got better, by asking questions of and playing with/against higher ranked friendlypeople. Which sadly are hard to find.

Old story: There are only 2 times ever where I have Qued in soloq and after the game had a player add me and play more games with me even though they were at least 2 whole teir above me. Both of them said that I had more talent/skill than they themselves did, talk about being humble! They believed in me, coached me, and lifted me up when I got frustrated. Today I am Hotness Gold, a higher elo than both those players who believed in me are. I still play with both of them but now we are equals, peers who know how to give and recieve constructive criticism.

TLDR: Don't judge by rank! Be a mentor/Coach to anyone who is willing to learn! It's an amazingly awarding experiance and who knows maybe one day they will be carrying YOU up the ranked ladder.

-Vys

Vystirch
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Eugoogalizer » February 27, 2016 7:36pm | Report
A more useful feature would be a 5-10 second delay before you can lock in once the selection screen loads. I've found it's usually the ones that instalock that are the cause for a bad loss. Just like someone who instalocked a fortress so is other 2 went jungle and lane heroes just to have him go wp and be totally inept.

Eugoogalizer
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 27, 2016 8:03pm | Report
Agreed instalocks are a complete pain in the ***. Can't wait till it doesn't matter and draft mode is every match.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » February 28, 2016 4:15am | Report
Honestly i dont think this is a good idea to show people's rank before the game. Why?
on my Smurf i started to rank up in solo q but before being able to play ranked i did my best in casual games. So when i started to play ranked i got matched up with pg and hotness ppl in my team technically the tier i was atm. When my team got frustrated after the game and added me, they saw me as tier 2 player so they started blaming me with spamming noooooooob and saying : no wonder we lost, ur 2:)))
After i went solo to got 7 gold i stopped playing alone and went with my main account team friends . Now I'm poa in my Smurf but still doing dumb mistakes sometimes that can change the whole results in my tier. So rank is not a good measure to talk about people AT ALL. I know a lot of people who don'tA like ranked games (they're mostly 4 to 6) but honestly they play like a vg player.
And btw how many times do u want to (or better say ur able to) skip q with low tiers in? What if u see a tier 9 and a tier 3 in ur side? What if a true tier 9 plays like a tier 2?(he can give his device to his 5 year old sister if u ask me how). There are a lot of predictable problems in ur suggestion if any1 think about it.

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 28, 2016 3:08pm | Report
Yeah in this update skill tiers are really screwed up. You can't trust the visual tier because your matchmaking tier might be either higher or lower like Frantik's smurf account. People can easily be deceived by this and therefore dodge the match.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoahsNotHere » March 2, 2016 3:23pm | Report
yeah but i get really pissed off when i am with a group of noob team mates, and i know that they are probably tier 1 or 2.

Which i think that VGF should start only having people versing them in one tier rank above or below, i lost 1 whole rank from playing with 2 tiers below me, additionally also them leaving and AFK the matchs.

NoahsNotHere
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved