Vainglory Forums

User Recommendations

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

1:Option to boot players who stand still for too long
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » December 29, 2014 10:21am | Report
You mean you have no response because I'm right. That's cool. ^_^
Btw, responding to your sig:
-K/D ratio does actually matter. It's not like CoD in the way the respawn timer works. You can't respawn almost immediately. In late game, killing someone gives them a 40+ second timer before respawning. That gives you time to capture mines, even kraken, and destroy turrets. The more kills made, the more opportunity the team has to win. And the less deaths means you were playing smart and didn't let yourself die, thus not giving the enemy team more opportunities.
-Assists do hold value. But mainly only for the "Protector" heroes of the Halcyon Fold. Cath and Adagio often either allow to kill the other heroes through pinning them down or giving you buffs. Neither are really meant to be the ones killing. Koshka on the other hand has lots of gap closing skills (and usually a build that takes advantage of that), so as a result she usually finishes enemies off. Therefore, Koshka's role is to earn kills by killing retreating heroes. That's why ppl post their K/D of Koshka (or almost anything other than the protectors) showing their doing their role well. I always see Adagio and Catherine post assists as they understand that's their role and everyone else seems to understand it too.
-If you went 50-0, I can assure you your team did win. On very rare cases do players get high scores while also losing. Other than noobs and AFKers, I've seen maybe 3 players who stole my kills on purpose and caused our demise. Many players understand the importance of teamwork and you rarely are able to get great scores unless you're using teamwork.
-People tell their Karma level not only to boast a little but to say "Hey, I'm not an AFKer!". So it has it's place. That's why so many guilds require your Karma level in the app. As it not only shows you're not an AFKer but also shows you have experience. And wins just show A. You can carry you're team even with an AFKer or Noob B. You've just been lucky in solo que C. You have a great guild you team with.
-Adagio is a support role. If you have an AFK jungle mate and your other buddy is in lane, you're gonna have a hard time in the jungle. Even if you have one AFKer, it's hard for Adagio to carry the team. Nobody is denying it. If you're frustrated by how bad your games are going (if they are), then try using a hero that can effectively carry you're team. At least until you find a team or guild.

Anyways... Go ahead and give me some reply that's dumb because you've no valid answer to reply. ^_^
NA/GoofballPunk/13/PrettyGood/Koshka&Skaarf

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » December 29, 2014 10:36am | Report
Also, my Koshka score came from playing with both of my teammates who went afk 11min in. Yep I was only active person on my team yet still scored 23-0. So I wanna show my skill. ;)
And I often score 10+ kills, 1 death, and 6+ assists so I'm a team player.

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 29, 2014 11:35am | Report
Io believe you noooball.. NOT! You probably tank and camp the whole game
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 29, 2014 4:48pm | Report
GoofballPunk wrote:

Also, my Koshka score came from playing with both of my teammates who went afk 11min in. Yep I was only active person on my team yet still scored 23-0. So I wanna show my skill. ;)
And I often score 10+ kills, 1 death, and 6+ assists so I'm a team player.

That's pretty good actually! I'd love to play Catherine with your Koshka someday.
I'm in SEA server though D:
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 29, 2014 4:52pm | Report
I wish I could +rep you again today Goofball ;-;
I'll keep track of my assists from now on.
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AboveAverage » December 30, 2014 8:00am | Report
Cookie, you're trying to change the game..
IGN: AboveAverage / BelowAverage (Smurf)
Region: North America
Mains: Ringo
Skill Tier: Above Average ?
Karma Level: 12

AboveAverage
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 30, 2014 8:33am | Report
Improve... Improve
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keefur » December 30, 2014 10:41am | Report
I think the idea of a 'last hit gets the boss' is a good idea for the following reasons:

1) Forces a team to choose carefully when to take the Kraken
2) Puts some risk in it if the other team isn't aced
3) Allows a struggling team the chance to recover and even win
4) Forces you to think and consider when to take Kraken, and how to do it.

I don't see anything wrong with any of those. Does it suck when the Kraken gets stolen? Yea, very much. Is it awesome if you, or a teammate, steals it? Oh, yea.

I've had a few games where the other team stole the Kraken and broke even with us, then later we got it (and vice versa). These are fun, good, long games; the last 10 minutes are just hero vs hero all the time. But, actually, it is a rare thing to see the Kraken stolen, ever. I really notice it when it happens but I've seen it less than 5% of the time, for sure.

Is it luck? You bet! So are critical hits, but you wont see anyone complain about those. Any game you play, except chess or checkers, involves some degree of luck (spin a wheel, roll a die, have a referee, etc).

Keefur
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » January 6, 2015 7:38pm | Report
Acooookiejar wrote:

Io believe you noooball.. NOT! You probably tank and camp the whole game

Noooball? Maybe you mean Noob-Ball? I have picture proof of my score, but I don't know how to post pictures as I have never had to on any website & I have little experience on forums (I felt compelled to become a forum member as this game is so awesome^^). I will certainly look into it & do not expect you to trust my word where anything could be said. ;)
Anyways I've heard your a good support Adagio which is great for a combo with Koshka. If you ever want to play add me. I'm on at random times all-day. ^-^

EDIT: I go glass canon build with Koshka. I usually build Frost Burn, then Eve, then tier 2 cd, then Alternating (I think) or Shatterglass (I'm still tinkering it slightly in-games). I usually finish up my tier 3 boots and health (or shield or armour) before getting my third tier 3 crystal item. But it varies game-to-game. Not too tanky. And I rarely camp (unless waiting to ambush in bushes) and keep myself moving either by A. Farming (usually until level 6) B. Securing Objectives C. Lane assist and jungle scouting/roaming. Maybe I can disprove a camping game-style and tanky build by playing a game with you.

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » January 6, 2015 7:59pm | Report
That's pretty good actually! I'd love to play Catherine with your Koshka someday.
I'm in SEA server though D:

A Catherine and Koshka combo would be awesome! Too bad :( If you ever make a NA account or migrate to NA let me know. I'd love to team up! ^^
Also thanks for the +rep. I don't post too often (as you can see) and I believe this is my first. ^.^

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved