Vainglory Forums

STOP FARMING IN THE JUNGLE IF YOU MATES ARE FIGHTING IN THE ROAD VERSUS 3 HEROS!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SpazTrigger » December 22, 2014 8:38am | Report
just played a game last night where the other team had 3 in the lane. me and the other jungle guy leveled up quick and controlled all the mines. the solo laner was smart and kept near his turret and leveled up quick too.

we won despite losing a turret early cause our minions were always stronger and they leveled up very slowly. it wasn't really close...

my biggest fear is when i jungle alone while the other team has 2 junglers. if they are good at ganking and the laners don't help me, we are toast.

SpazTrigger
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiTownTino » December 22, 2014 1:21pm | Report
Are you mad Bro? lol

Two in the lane next to the turret should easly hold off 3. And still lvl fast. Yes the guy in the jungle is going to lvl faster but he will be able to fight that much better after farming.

Seriously I think that was me you were talking about. And if I can remember we won. It's Sad issue with this game is the limited commication available. So inorder to do well you have to adjust your play style and your build inorder to win. That's part of what make it fun too.

ChiTownTino
Quote | PM | +Rep by GoofballPunk » December 22, 2014 3:42pm | Report
In the beginning, one lane player should be able to hold there own as characters are squishy and turrets can take them out quickly if you kite them in. Just make sure your not over-extending yourself— that's when they get you. Also, you can make a lot more gold by killing minions early game then wasting your time trying to kill heros, so there's no need to expose yourself. Also, in beginning game, jungle characters need to farm gold to become more powerful because they are jungle players not lane. But without strong junglers you'll have more trouble pushing later on. Unless of course you want them taking your lane gold resources.

Mid-game, it really depends. If a team mate has very items and thus very weak, continuing to farm while you retreat/play defensive may be benifical in the long-run. Though a well equipped teammate should respond and help you out. Either way, in mid-game—unless enemy heros are incredibly weak—at least one other teammate should help IMO.

If you're talking about late-game, farming isn't as vital and the focus should be capturing mines, Kraken, and ultimately teamwork.
NA/GoofballPunk/13/PrettyGood/Koshka&Skaarf

GoofballPunk
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ThatOneChap » December 23, 2014 9:16am | Report
I think it's down to experience and age and understanding the game and the players/heros and where/how they fit in together.

I've seen one good laner holding his own against three heros in the lane. And while this isn't ideal, what use is a jungle hero with no clout?

You have to analysis and read every situation. If your team mate pings though, listen.

Usually if I'm in the jungle and I know I can't competently support my laner till I pick up at least one more item, I will hold out instead of charging in to an early death. But after a few item acquisitions I usually bob and weave between jungle and lane adding support wherever I can.
IGN: ThatOneChap
Region: NA
Main: Catherine
Practicing: Ringo, Joule, Koshka
Karma Level: 12

ThatOneChap
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » December 23, 2014 3:08pm | Report
Aristophanes wrote:

3 foes in the lane are targeting your turrets and their revenues. Turrets do not last long at 3:1, and they are worth as much strategically.

The jungle is a sideshow to winning. Necessary, but not exclusive. Teammates who stay in the jungle hurt the team. At some point AL players MUST lane. It is not true that at some point ALL players MUST jungle.

Smackatudie
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 23, 2014 3:11pm | Report
Actually... Not all players need to lane... Just sayin
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » December 23, 2014 3:17pm | Report
First: thanks for starting this thread. This is a HUGE issue that needs to be addressed.

Second: agree with Aristophanes--the Jungle is a SIDESHOW, not the main act.

Yes, yes; I understand that some people insist on running off into the jungle on their own narcissistic little missions while one or two of their teammates are getting ganged-up on in lane, especially in the early game.

No, I don't have to like it at all, since I usually play a squishy laner.

At the very least put in a cameo appearance or two in the lane to help your teammates out. They will thank you for it…or at least, curse you (a bit) less.

One of my Pet Peeves are people who keep on wandering off to do their own thing in the jungle when the opposing team is running around in a tight little wad of pain and death. We've all seen these groups, and I usually wind up trying to face them with one decent teammate…and one Pick Up Group ****** (the PUGtard). Yeah, I just coined the term; feel free to spread it around as appropriate, standard fees apply.

In short…don't be a PUGtard. Just don't.

Smackatudie
Quote | PM | +Rep by SpazTrigger » December 24, 2014 9:08am | Report
to say that the Jungle is a SIDESHOW is too simplistic.

of course we all have to lane eventually to win. that is unquestioned.

the real question is WHEN.

classic junglers simply cannot enter the lane effectively until at least level 4 and preferably level 6. depends on the character of course. once Glaive has afterburn, he can do whatever he wants. i digress.

just played a game last night where the other team had 3 classic laners in the lane. our team had Krul in the lane and shockingly, our Saw followed my Taka into the jungle.

poor Krul had a tough time and we lost 2 turrets pretty quick.

we eventually won the game though with rapid leveling, control of mines, and good coordination in the lane AFTER we were all higher level.

SpazTrigger
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 24, 2014 10:17am | Report
SpazTrigger wrote:

to say that the Jungle is a SIDESHOW is too simplistic.

of course we all have to lane eventually to win. that is unquestioned.

the real question is WHEN.

classic junglers simply cannot enter the lane effectively until at least level 4 and preferably level 6. depends on the character of course. once Glaive has afterburn, he can do whatever he wants. i digress.

just played a game last night where the other team had 3 classic laners in the lane. our team had Krul in the lane and shockingly, our Saw followed my Taka into the jungle.

poor Krul had a tough time and we lost 2 turrets pretty quick.

we eventually won the game though with rapid leveling, control of mines, and good coordination in the lane AFTER we were all higher level.

It always makes me cringe when seeing a SAW go into the jungle. They're so easily killed due to their slow speed...
IGN: dream21

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » December 24, 2014 10:50am | Report
First of all, Why are you fighting 3 by yourself? After 2 deaths get out of there! Show your team that if they don't come with you then you won't lane. They will get the hint.

I have fought aggressive teams in the lane and I welcome 3 enemies! Stand behind the turrets and Skaarf the hell out of them.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved