Vainglory Forums

Anyone having much success as blackwater?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnwelcomeSmell » November 20, 2015 9:05am | Report
Just wondered if anyone is having much success as blackfeather. I myself have played about 8 games with him most of which have ended terribly for me. Tried a few different way of playing him and am still experimenting but feeling a little deflated 😂

UnwelcomeSmell
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » November 20, 2015 11:06am | Report
This is just my opinion, but if you are starting to use blackfeather, try doing CP. With aftershock and alternating current, you can do massive poke damage mid game, and it will give you some room for mistakes until you learn to use him effectively.
He can be a beast if the circumstances are right. I did have a couple of awesome moments with him, but Im still struggling to lean to be effective in team fights.
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » November 21, 2015 2:24pm | Report
In lane I think he is most similar to Skaarf, he has a frequent slow ability, huge poke, no escapes-until level 6 but once you got it, it's better than goop or core collapse for the purpose of avoiding gank.
Blackfeather has a lot of potential in the right hands I think, makes me sad for Skaarf actually, I don't see why a more skilled player would ever choose Skaarf over Blackfeather. Has more range, has his Poke/Slow(Spitfire/Goop) combined in 1 ability, has HP Shield, has negative effect blocker, temporary defense/damage reduction buff, can jump through walls, to top it all off he has amazing proc application and very good base damage on his abilities making him one of the most flexible heroes in the fold...

Fireball/Goop/FtF combo might do more overall damage output in the longer fights, but your B still does enough damage to make anyone think twice about overextending.

In the event you do overextended when poking the enemy laner, that target is afflicted with heavy slow, so if you get threatened with a gank then at least the laner will usually be too far and unable to rush in and assist in the gank.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » November 21, 2015 4:19pm | Report
I've been doing pretty well with him. I'm nowhere near the best player but I've been doing pretty good with him for the few games I've played. Granted I've got to be real careful in early game until I can get the items I need, but he's awesome to me.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved