Vainglory Forums

Best Krul Build?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CassieN0VA » May 4, 2016 11:09am | Report
So I finally nailed Krul with my Glory earnings, but most of my matches I play with him wind up with him building mostly weapon power.

If enemies are squishy, I often build Tornado Trigger, Tyrant's Monocle, and Serpent Mask. I almost always build Serpent Mask for Krul, because it goes so well with the lifesteal stack from his Spectral Smite ability.

Lately I've been trying to use Breaking Point on Krul, and it's kind of worked out. Whenever I have Tornado Trigger + Breaking Point + Serpent Mask, nearly any enemy that tries to 1v1 me dies (and once the Breaking Point stacks up, they are annihilated).

However... since his Spectral Smite is crystal-based, I'm wondering if there's some sort of hybrid build for Krul. I've looked up builds for him, but I just want to know if anyone has a different opinion or explanation for crystal items and how they work with Krul.

NOTE: I often end up building Ironguard Contract at the start of matches because I can't get enough gold by mid-game.
IGN: CassieN0va | Lvl 30 | Rock Solid-Skill Tier 3 | Server: NA
Owned Heroes: All (except Varya)
Primary Jungle: Taka
Secondary Jungle: Krul, Petal, Baptiste, Koshka
Primary Lane: Ringo, Skaarf, Gwen
Secondary Lane: Baron, Baptiste
Captain (VERY RARELY): Fortress, Phinn
Team: OverPOWERED KO [OPKO] (Members: Only myself at the moment)
Guild: Aegis

CassieN0VA
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » May 4, 2016 12:08pm | Report
Really hybrid builds in general don't work because you cannot get enough damage either way, the only real succes I have seen is a tension now and aftershock

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CassieN0VA » May 4, 2016 1:49pm | Report
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

Yeah, Aftershock + Tension Bow is a burst combo I've seen put on Ringo.
Problem is, it doesn't do sustain damage.

If I want sustain, I'd have to lock horns with an opponent and let Breaking Point stack up. Breaking Point and Serpent Mask can be killer if they aren't counter-built.
IGN: CassieN0va | Lvl 30 | Rock Solid-Skill Tier 3 | Server: NA
Owned Heroes: All (except Varya)
Primary Jungle: Taka
Secondary Jungle: Krul, Petal, Baptiste, Koshka
Primary Lane: Ringo, Skaarf, Gwen
Secondary Lane: Baron, Baptiste
Captain (VERY RARELY): Fortress, Phinn
Team: OverPOWERED KO [OPKO] (Members: Only myself at the moment)
Guild: Aegis

CassieN0VA
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » May 5, 2016 12:50am | Report
I don't think a hybrid build works well with Krul. Hybrid only works with heroes that either have ratios for both (Kestral), or ones that synergise particularly well with a certain item. As you have seen, Ringo is capable of going hybrid, because his B (Achilles Shot) has a nasty Crystal Ratio and high damage, and pairing that with an Aftershock boosted tension bow shot can land some nasty damage. Similarly, Glaive can do the same (though it's a bit harder because his Afterburn Strike knocks enemies away from him).

And, as you have pointed out, you don't do sustained damage very well with a crystal build. Also, you fail to gain significant damage in the early to mid game, and Krul has a particularly weak early game, meaning that you'll have a lot of trouble. If you can get some godly Roam player to play with you, it might work out, but I personally don't think it's worth it; currently, all you need to build on Krul is a Bone saw, and full defensive items (Shiversteel, Atlas /Metal Jacket, Aegis), and maybe a Tornado Trigger if you really need more damage. His Smite gives him so much damage and sustain that you really don't need any other damage, just the ability to get those Smite stacks up effectively. (Some time ago, all you had to buy was a Breaking Point, then tank stats; now that doesn't work).
If you want to go Crystal power, there are definitely ways to play his CP. I don't know how, but if you look for guides in the guides section, I'm sure you'll find something that works out!

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » May 9, 2016 3:28pm | Report
I just usually go cp, alternating current gives 65% attack speed anyway, and BM is insanely strong on his smite.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChainedUp » May 30, 2016 5:41pm | Report
I've played through session zero with krul and I have to say some attack speed early into a fair bit of defense is the way to go. Bonesaw is fantastic more so than breaking point because you don't want more than two damage items on krul therefor making breaking point way less effective. Serpents mask on paper may seem great and all but the problem you run into is that his kit has enough life steal assuming you can get into the fight and constantly attack things. Serpent mask takes up a slot that would be instead used by a defense item which would 1.help you survive longer 2.Actually allow you to get to the back line without instantly blowing up and 3. provides you with utility than you wouldn't of had before whether that be a reflex active or a shiversteel or an altas AA slow.

hybrid runs into the issue that you don't do a lot of damage with either one because you sacrifice synergy between items because your trying to spilt up your damage type on a character that doesn't really support that. And with that said cp krul and wp krul are played way differently being that as weapon you want constantly fight and be really good at sustained damage while being difficult to kill, while cp is designed to go in delete someone and run out to wait on your cooldowns against to have access to your burst assuming you don't die in the process. You cant really combine both of those play styles together effectively.

My build that i tend to go with is:

starting off with a swift shooter to build into a slavo

have shiversteel as your first finished item

then into a bonesaw

followed by either an atlas or an ageis (whichever is more important at the time)

then building a sorrowblade

then finishing up with the defense item you didn't already build, altas or ageis (though a crucible is fairly good against comps where the wp carry isn't very strong or is able to be killed right away if you have already built an ageis)

boots are generally upgraded when you have the gold to and aren't really rushed if you use your passive along with your shiversteel

ChainedUp
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved