Vainglory Forums

Boots

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Vfdking » December 14, 2014 8:23am | Report
in almost every build you see boots for escaping. Are they really that useful ? couldn't you use the gold and space for more attack or defense so you don't have to run in the first place? I understand if one has a uncoordinated team it will be useful as one has to run away a lot . But in high "quality" games where your team coordinates well you could use the gold for more important money as you hopefully will not need to run away. This only my perspective what do you guys think?

Vfdking
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 17, 2014 1:11pm | Report
You could do that, but boots not only allow you to run away, but they up your characters mobility. Making your character move slower, which is a large disadvantage when trying to go somewhere quickly if you are not a character with a speed boost when attacking someone. (Taka, Koshka.)
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » December 17, 2014 7:41pm | Report
Depends on the character. Most the ranged characters need boots to outmaneuver close combat characters, and also outrun another ranged character. To me the boots help as an aggression and not to run away (although it does help for that). Journey boots have great perks to go along with it. Another reason I like boots is to run in and get the last hit on the Kraken while the enemy team is attacking it.
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 8, 2015 7:12am | Report
I saw a Krul start off with boots and he was able to harass my team from the beginning (faster movement speeds allowed him to keep up and get his weakness stacks on us, then Spectral Smite us down).
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 15, 2015 6:08pm | Report
Boots help a lot in the jungle as you need to run between enemies for leveling. They also help a lot when chasing a fleeing enemy.

And a well set up saw can use boots to move quickly from the lane to the jungle, give a good show of force, and then slightly more quickly reposition in the lane.

Also, the final level of boots aren't something I'm fond of. But given I generally buy boots anyways so I can pursue enemies, the extra health & armor tend to help a lot.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 16, 2015 7:56pm | Report
I stopped using anything above the first level of boots with my Krul character. I find that Clockwork speeds up DMR enough that the speed boost from boots isn't really needed.

Same thing when I play Catherine. Her Merciless Pursuit when sped up cancels out the need for 2nd and 3rd tier boots. Unless you have money to burn at the end of the match of course.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 21, 2015 12:15pm | Report
I don't use boots on Krul and it works great. Just pick your fights and buy them if you are getting ganked. I would say most characters need boots but some builds allow you to not use them. Especial when your teammates use warhorn.

NolePatrol
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 28, 2015 11:12pm | Report
Boots are often my second purchase on Saw. My rationale is simple: boots save turrets...as in getting back to the turret faster prolongs the turret.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » February 1, 2015 10:02am | Report
Yeah, despite my earlier comment they are essential. I got away without them in the pretty decent, but the mobility you get from them is too important for higher teirs.

NolePatrol

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved