Vainglory Forums

Countering Skye

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » January 25, 2016 4:59am | Report
Hey, I just played two games as Krul against Skye and had absolutely no chance. The Skye built Frostburn, Broken Myth, Eve of Harvest, Shatterglass, Crucible and Boots. I used a Breaking Point, Boots, Shiversteel, Aegis, Crucible and Fountain. The Death From Above reloads way faster than the two reflex blocks and Suri Strike and Foward Barrage don't care at all about shield. Any ideas how to counter her?
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » January 25, 2016 7:06am | Report
Use your ult to get in close and shiver steel her so she's slowed, one trick I found is if you have boots that are a tier above hers you can dodge the forward barrage by just walking sideways, but in the long run cp Skye is one of the best counters to krul

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » January 25, 2016 7:13am | Report
She is a solid hero but she is hopeless if you make her struggle to get effective lock-ons during critical moments.
TBH without a great and experienced support that knows how to deal with her, be prepared for a slaughter.
That is my experience from playing as Skye, if there is an enemy that is making the match difficult it is the work of a great support.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 25, 2016 11:03pm | Report
Get better at krul :3. That's my legitimate advice if you can't reach Skye as such a reasonable sticky hero your screwed. But if you can reach her she is screwed being that squishy. BTW you can use boots to sprint away from her ult. Sorry if this came across as harsh doe.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » January 26, 2016 10:58am | Report
No, it isn't harsh, I know I can still learn a lot with Krul :). I always try to Shiversteel Skye, but sadly it doesn't work out that well... But still thanks for your answers :)

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » January 27, 2016 7:41pm | Report
I can maybe give insights based on my experience. Skye is a highly mobile hero who can demolish a team with her positioning. For her to keep targets in range she needs frostburn to stick to them. You mention that you use Krul correct? HEROIC PERK Shadow Empowers me grants movement speed after a few seconds while waiting in bush. Krul uses shiversteel to stick to targets. Instead of you going head on then play assassin and let your tank block for you. Especially if you have an ardan or Catherine. Especially Ardan because of gauntlet then her mobility will become limited and open up an opportunity for the kill. I would advise you to please study your hero and others to learn their kit and you will discover their weaknesses. It's not hard but a few requires finesse. Alot on the fold do not think carefully as to countering a strategy they want to implement and the options to change a disadvantage into an advantageous situation. Your in the right place to start. Now you just need the knowledge on the Heroes to know more about them. Get closer....

EXXCLUSIVE
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » January 28, 2016 4:19am | Report
Thanks for your answer Exxclusive, I'll try your strategy. I didn't say that I use Krul correctly, if I'd think so I wouldn't ask you for help ^^

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunzaga » February 18, 2016 12:51am | Report
People can pretend they are Gods of Krull or tell you to learn your class, but the truth is, a well played Sky is a ***** to kill.

The only advice I can give:

1. Like EXXCLUSIVE said, go into assassin mode. Hide in the bushes, wait for your speed burst to activate, then run out, and be sure to auto-attack her, because there is a small snare on the first auto-attack after shadow empowerment.

2. Use shiversteel.

3. Don't open with the stun. Use boots to sprint out and auto attack a few times. Then as she starts to dance around, first throw your sword, then use dead mans rush to close the gap. At that point you should have near 8 stacks and use your spectral smite, and it's game over.

3. Don't go it alone. Like I said a well played Sky is hard to kill for your whole team. Work together, let your tank initiate, you pounce in and snare her, follow up with a stun and gap closing.

I find people always tend to OPEN with dead mans rush. This is a bad tactic IMO, because #1 you don't need the shield when you first initiate the fight, you usually need it after you get focused. #2 if you use it to initiate, the target will just run away from you, and now it's on cool down. Sure MAYBE your boots will help, but it's best to just wait until your prey runs, then pounce.

A good combo I've been doing is to wait until it's really needed(maybe 1/2 dead), then deadmans rush + spectral smite and I'm almost back up to full health again and my opponent is dead or almost dead.

Anyway, Sky and Saw are both tough opponents if they are played by smart people. Good luck.

Bunzaga
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 18, 2016 1:16am | Report
Saw.......... Tough......... Smart people. Some would say your not smart for playing saw at all. Of course there is that adagio saw buff comp which does a **** tonne of damage but Skye and multiple other characters can counter that very well. Saw isn't a good character and Imo he should be either removed from the game and refunded to all who bought him or reworked as his main use is basically trolling but any way.

Yes Skye can be a ***** to hell as I am a Skye main and a former Krul main and I understand the situation much much more now and I can fully say CC is key, slows, stuns etc can wreck a Skye's time. Proper positioning also is key so if your support could body block that would be essentially amazing as it would dampen all forward barrage damage ande reflex blocks would be very nice when Skye ults to escape or engage. Basically everything bun said was in one way or another correct, well expect for the saw bit.

One more tip though, I get that's it hard because of the strafing of Skye but if you can chuck your sword to the side and then run back behind Skye for a long long stun its GG in a fight, while that's extremely hard to do on a Skye it works really well.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved