Vainglory Forums

Echo Viability

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by AyalexeiKitsune » December 18, 2016 6:50am | Report
So Echo is a messed up item and I have some messed up views on its viability in standard in terms of utility/dps, not fun.

Tier 4: Top Value

Ardan: With enough skill can be almost unstoppable 6 second stun
Adagio: Needs team compo to distract but effectively can insta teamwipe
Phinn: Super Utility: No one gets away, or can sacrifice yourself so your teammates can disengage safely.
Joule: Double Crystal Ult wipes pretty much everyone
Celeste: Double Ult early enough is great for a fast destroy on enemies if team keeps them lockdowned

Tier 3: Ok ish, can get if you're despo for some quick damage output or other stuff

Fortress: Potential for double ult is amazing, but have to sacrifice not being able to use his A and B, can be added to tier 4 if consecutive ults stacks health barrier and/or wolves
Flicker: Has versatility, chaining ults can allow team to engage and disengage without being in the fight, or chaining Bs for massive dps, cannot do both in the same fight however
Ringo: Chained ults on 2 champions sounds good in theory, but usually with the aoe u hit everyone in a teamfight so depends on game
Catherine: Chained large AOE silences are not to be looked down on
Skye: With good positioning can be a decent chain stun, or a double forward barrage can deal quite abit of damage
Alpha: 4 lives and 2 explosions is quite alot if u can actually hit anything with it
Baron: Drop the ult like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, damage falls out in later stages
Petal: ALLAHU AKBAR ALL OVER AGAIN
Samuel: With enough skill you can chain Oblivions and disable the enemy carry for a long time while u brutally murder his teammates
Reim: Double ice double the health barrier double the stun

Tier 2: Kinda weak but can be used

Kestrel: Don't usually rely on your ult for damage, but picking off multiple fleeing heroes is now possible
Skaarf: The teamfight usually ends by the time the ult finishes, and the long cast time isnt worth refreshing
Koshka: Double spin damage seemskek
Gwen/Krul: Double reliable stun
Lyra: Engage/ Disengage or double crazy damage with B, but cd is usually low enough
Taka: The cooldown is alr low af but i guess u can double ult enemy carry
Vox: Usually don't depend on ult for the silence, once teamfight starts hard to get them together again to get value

Tier 1: Ohgod why

SAW: ok so if it refresed everything echo would be insane on him. but it only refreshes the last skill. so the only usage would be a crystal saw cutting down 2 ppl and lets be honest we dont have space for that kinda thing in a crystal saw or you'd be deas by the time u reach the enemy
Rona: ok, so i guess u can double spin to win but you need to build your rage stacks back up and that needs time and you dont have a slot for it anyway

Tier 0: I'm killing myself this is literally useless on this guy

Glaive: Your skills cooldown are so low you have literally no use for this item the most u can do is double afterburner but why the hell would u do that? Removing the enemy support from the fight will leave yours to be brutally slaughtered and you have no guarentee of winning a 1V1 against another carry. It's fun but not all that good. And by late game youd alr have 100% crit chance so ur second skill is useless lmao so is ur ult it wont change anything.

Tier X: Unknown
Idris: requires more experimentation: synergy with ult unknown, unable to be tested.
Ozo: too **** a character anyway dont bother looking at him

TL;DR
Tier 4(Top Value): Ardan, Adagio, Phinee, Joule, Celeste
Tier 3: Fortress, Flicker, Ringo, Catherine, Alpha, Baron, Petal, Samuel, Reim
Tier 2: Kestrel, Skaarf, Koshka, Lyra, Gwen, Krul, Taka, Vox
Tier 1: SAW, Rona
Tier 0(Worthless): Glaive

Of course all of this is personal opinion so flame it all you want :)

AyalexeiKitsune
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » December 24, 2016 9:47pm | Report
Glaive should not be on Tier0
Skaarf deserves a spot in Tier3 while Ringo should be in Tier1.
Catherine & Samuel should be Tier4
Phinn Tier3/2

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » January 11, 2017 4:02pm | Report
I'd personally put Alpha at the top. Refreshing her ult is ridiculous, but it's only 3 lives, not 4. Original, Reboot - here is where you'd use the Echo - , and then one final life. Plus now that energy effects how fast she reboots it makes her very hard to kill during reboot.

I personally think Joule is the only one it might be considered more useful on, and it's only useful on Joule if they are building Slumbering Husk. If they build Slumbering Husk it's almost mandatory on Joule, but if they don't build Slumbering Husk you're better off building more power.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » January 12, 2017 12:38am | Report
Catherine is God-Tier now.
I love it as Catherine is the first hero, or at least the first Roam I mained.
But over time and as I got higher in rank her Ult became useless as it is one of the more telegraphed abilities in the game.
With such a long cast time it felt like it's main use was just to get the enemy roam to use up his crucible.

Halcius
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved