Vainglory Forums

Experiment to see which weapon kills the fastest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MrCaspers » January 20, 2015 7:37pm | Report
I wanted to know which weapon will help me actually kill a hero the fastest. They each have different perks and cost different amounts. I was surprised at the results.

Here is how I tested:
I started s private match with a friend. We both used glaive and leveled them both to level 12 for max basic stats on both characters. The only item he had equipped was journey boots. This was to help the tests go faster. It also gave him a bit more health which I think allowed better results. The only other item I had equipped was tornado trigger. This was also to make the test go faster. Then I added, one at a time, sorrowblade, tension bow, tyrants monacle, bonesaw, and breaking point. So always a tornado trigger and then one of those items. I only had two items at a time. Here are the results.

Tornado trigger/sorrowblade = 10 hits to kill
Tornado trigger/tyrants monacle = 12 hits to kill
Tornado trigger/tension bow = 14 hits to kill
Tornado trigger/breaking point = 14 hits to kill
Tornado trigger/bonesaw = 16 hits to kill

I was surprised at how poorly bonesaw and breaking point performed given their stacking abilities. Breaking point did start hitting harder, but I only noticed it right before I killed him. Looks like bonesaw and breaking point are a waste of gold. It seems like sorrowblade is the way to go for the most consistent hard and fast damage to bring down enemies.

I realized that this is a small sample size and that slightly skews the results due to lack of testing. I may do more tests in the future if people are interested. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for looking.

Thanks to wald0 for the help testing.

MrCaspers
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » January 20, 2015 11:33pm | Report
Bonesaw and Breaking Point are not a waste of gold.
If the enemy builds Metal Jacket (and they will if they see Sorrowblade), then Sorrowblade will do very little damage, while Bonesaw will show a dramatic difference on an enemy with armor.

Similarly, Breaking Point provides better results on heroes that have built much tankier. Sorrowblade will hardly do a thing to tanky heroes, while Breaking Point if built with tanky items will bring a lot more hurt too the fight.

These two items are tank killers, but without testing armor, you could not have seen their usefulness. Sorrowblade's effectiveness varies much more on actual builds because it's effect is weakened by high armor stats. Keep in mind that Sorrowblade is one of the more expensive items.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Popochini » January 22, 2015 5:38pm | Report
I apreciate your colaboration!!

Popochini
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 27, 2015 9:05pm | Report
Breaking point can be potentially OP. It is without a doubt the best counter to any tank builds / Catherine.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » January 28, 2015 9:25am | Report
I'd be interested to see you test Tornado/Sorrowblade/Breaking Point vs Tornado/Sorrowblade/Bonesaw on a character with Metal Jacket equipped. Or maybe Breaking Point/Tornado/Bonesaw vs Tornado/Breaking/Sorrowblade and you time how long it takes to kill, rather than how many hits. Oh the possibilities.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 29, 2015 10:19am | Report
Breaking point needs the stacks to keep up, but once at max, there's no comparison to it.

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » January 30, 2015 10:42pm | Report
Fenelia wrote:

Breaking point needs the stacks to keep up, but once at max, there's no comparison to it.

Actually Breaking Point is now nerfed (for ranged)- however it might be a little to good on melee right now.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 31, 2015 9:15pm | Report
jttm wrote:

Actually Breaking Point is now nerfed (for ranged)- however it might be a little to good on melee right now.

Yes indeed and as I previously mentioned in my first post, the item was OP in the right hands. It is for that reason that it got nerfed, just like fountain...but I don't like that the fountain got nerfed as well. But yeah, well deserved I guess.

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » February 1, 2015 10:05am | Report
This really is not a good test to go by. For one, items with stacks a lot more important in team fights because they have time to get to higher stacks for prolonged fights. Also, if you buy 2 items this logic works but a lot of weapon power builds get 3 or more weapon items which completely change the situation.

NolePatrol

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved