Vainglory Forums

FLIPPING KRUL

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Shundo » March 26, 2016 11:28pm | Report
So, I'm a relatively casual player who plays whenever time allows (which regretfully isn't too often), but I've come to really enjoy playing as Skye and Fortress. Skye I build with a metric butt-ton of firepower and maybe a Crucible depending on the match-ups and Fortress I build with a butt-ton of health and a Sorrowblade. Now. I do pretty well in my matches, until that god-forsaking Krul waltzes out of the brush and wallops me. No matter how I build my characters, Kruls always kill me in anything from 1-3 hits. And if by some miraculous chance I survive long enough to almost kill him, he kills me and gains ALL, yes ALL, A-L-L ALL of his health back then proceeds to annihilate my team. Now my question is just, is there anyway on God's green earth that Krul can be killed?

Shundo
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » March 27, 2016 9:03am | Report
Two ways: Starve him or Atlas Pauldron. If you starve him and prevent him from getting sufficient gold and levels he will be much less of a threat. An Atlas will take away his biggest strength which is his attack speed. Once that's gone, you should be able to handle him a lot easier. I had the same issue with Krul when I started playing and once I adapted these tips, I can deal with him a lot easier.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » April 11, 2016 1:22am | Report
You see, whether or not you starve him of farm, if you can't finish the game early enough, you're going to have major problems. I feel like he's really strong with any sort of CC in the early game, like a Catherine stun. His early game ganks are just deadly. He rushes out, applies a slow, and just hacks at you. You just can't do much about it. Also, late game, it doesn't matter how much you starved him. If he goes tank, then you can't do much unless you very, very cleanly CC him down, and follow up with massive burst. A problem you might be having with both Sky and Fortress is that they rely rather heavily on burst, and it's pretty hard to do that against Krul unless it's nearly a oneshot. I was losing a match pretty horrificly once, and a Krul walked up to the mouth of our base. I got him to 1/3 health, until he smited me and killed me, to which he got ALL of his health back. He then proceeded to 1v2 the rest of my team, and came out with full health. It's pretty ********, even if you buy an Atlast. His mid game's pretty week though, so try and steam roll your way past the early game and snowball really, really hard. That's really all you can do.

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Synchronyze » April 12, 2016 8:42am | Report
Your team has to invest heavily in burst damage, I usually end up grabbing a tension bow as Ardan (my main) which works well, and an atlas really does wonders even though it may not look like it. Truly your comp is the advantage. High range characters like petal absolutely demolish Krul, so much so that my friends and I celebrate when we face a Krul player because they all play the same and if you hard counter him with your comp, there's no chance.(Unless he's one of the 1% that actually know how to play krul)
SUPPORT MAIN ALERT

Synchronyze
Quote | PM | +Rep by merpyyos » April 18, 2016 9:17pm | Report
u can check my build on krul. but to counter him its basically to kite him with range heroes and slows. petal ringo skasrf are good counters to krul
IGN: Merpyyos
Main:Ringo, Krul, Fortress, Catherine, Adagio, color=#00ffff]Skaarf[/color].

merpyyos
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 19, 2016 7:34am | Report
Don't advertise you build

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BERAAD » April 21, 2016 9:00pm | Report
Atlas + Reflex Block. Jump in, pop atlas so he cant get stacks, smash him, when his stacks get high or his health is low, pop reflex block and hope to hell he uses his smite while its up. Bingo bango he should be dead. I used to really hate krul. but as long as you dont try 1v1 and have atlas, hes not really a problem. If the player is actually good then you're fuct haha

BERAAD
Quote | PM | +Rep by ChainedUp » May 31, 2016 4:52pm | Report
As a krul main who has been playing vainglory for awhile, I can safely say skye is kruls worst match up period beside from possibly riem. If your losing to a krul as a skye your probably making some pretty big mistakes like kiting him incorrecty, not building a frostburn, not respectng his space to a degree, and/or not capitalizing on your early game pressure correctly whether that be too much or too little. So I would say just work on your mechanics with skye to allow you to move around the fight a lot more successfully. As for wp fortress your going to lose that match up almost 100% of the time. Cp fairs a lot more of a fight because of the fact thats it has burst damage. As any character that has to stay close to fight, doesn't have access to any sort of cc or dash, and doesn't have burst damage, your shouldn't even bothering fighting a krul. Picks like rona, an obvious jungle fortress, alpha, even koska to a degree is just asking for the enemy team to pick krul because those are match ups where krul has an advantage. Heros like skye, riem, wp krestel excel at dealing with a krul because of 1. soild brust damage, escapes (in riems case sustained defense), and some sort of cc either being a stun from krestel, root from riem, or a slow/stun from skye (assuming you build frostburn).

Also its surprising how much you learn to play against a hero than taking the time to pick him up and play with them or don't be afraid to have a few games of krul to observe what you want to do and what he does well with and doesn't do well with and apply that to when your playing against one.

ChainedUp
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved