Vainglory Forums

Help countering Crystal builds!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by driftking03 » October 16, 2015 10:39am | Report
Hello yall. So recently ive been playing SAW more often and i must say, the dude is badass and if built right..unstoppable. I usually build the guy based on WP and life steal to stay alive in battle and it works great :D. But one of my recent matches i played against a celeste running on all crystal power. If she got close..i took a good amount of her life but she would always throw her orbs and take up 350+ dmg!! the most annoying thing is she would throw the orbs and run away causing me low health and then the usual taka jumps out of the bushes (so annoying -.-) and finishes me off. So does anyone know of a good build or a good combination of items i can use to counteract crystal enemies? Thanks :D

driftking03
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » October 16, 2015 9:03pm | Report
Build Aegis..
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 23, 2015 11:07am | Report
And if Celeste hasn't built boots build some, dash in, use suppressing fire and then finish her with the explosive shots. Her squishiness is her biggest weakness. Her range is her best advantage. Take away her range and you shouldn't have any problem with her. Before level 8 your suppressing fire has longer range than any of her attacks. Poke and harass her with it. I main celeste and usually hate playing against saw.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 25, 2015 2:11pm | Report

Her squishiness is her biggest weakness. Her range is her best advantage. Take away her range and you shouldn't have any problem with her.

This is so true once you get close to Celeste and run around her while dealing damage(Taka for instance) it will be hard for her to land her Heliogenesis.

Taka is really great for this because he can X-Retsu, Kaiten, and then basic attack Celeste to death. This is great because most Celestes can't aim their Heliogenesis on Taka when he's using his Ultimate. He's just too fast. His Kaiten negates Celeste's damage, and by then her life will probably be cut in half. By then she'd be busy running and have no time to attack. Try to dodge the Core Collapse though.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by farbodYAGHI » December 14, 2015 11:03am | Report
ican buy baneed hero ?
Iam 30day baaned :-(
Hellp me plese

farbodYAGHI
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 14, 2015 10:04pm | Report
One, your a saw noob, which is fine. But because you are, I can tell you don't build defence often, try building shield, build aegis or fountain of renewal. Aegis has more shield and a reflex block but fountain has less shield but also can be activated to gain a full team heal.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » December 21, 2015 8:38pm | Report
After seeing that the enemy laner is a Celeste, I would honestly just switch to a Hybrid or even pure CP build. While it does mainly rely on good SFire's, you can essentially zone out Celeste with good positioning, especially considering her low health. The fact is you can't change your hero, so why not just change your strategy to counter Celeste?

SAW vs Celeste problems
  • WP: Slow and easy to be hit by all of Celeste's abilities.
    While CP doesn't exactly solve this, you don't have to get as close to deal the bulk of your damage.
  • WP: Has to get close, makes it much easier for Celeste to stun you.
    Besides from Roadie Run, SAW should be able to stay far enough away to avoid Core Collapse, which is completely devastating for a SAW.
  • WP: Is primarily "close" ranged (at least compared to Celeste who is "long" ranged artillery).
    CP SAW is essentially "long" ranged artillery, and SFire from experience normally should do more damage to the Celeste than her Heliogenesis' do to you. If you ever mess up your SFire use your Roadie Run as an escape and retry with better positioning... The flaw of CP SAW though is that it does require better aiming
  • WP: Can easily get bursted down by Celeste.
    But as CP SAW you can burst Celeste down faster... If Celeste ever gets too close to you to stun you, use SAW's Ult ASAP. If you get bursted down in 2-3 heliogenesis' then you had no chance as WP SAW anyway, and would just have done less damage to the Celeste before you died.
  • WP: Sucks at late game.
    If you are playing SAW and find yourself going late-game, CP is marginally better than WP.

This pretty much goes as a tip for all CP enemy heroes simply because CP is primarily for quick massive chunks of burst while WP is generally for more consistent damage that never loses strength. WP SAW's weakness lies in getting bursted down for more damage than he can heal up before he has even let a few shots off. Either get more shield, health, or life gain. Or... just beat them at bursting ;)
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved