Vainglory Forums

How to counter heavy tanks

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » April 12, 2015 1:41am | Report
Firstly I just joined vaingloryFire and this is my first post so bump. Secondly I need help countering tanky toons or just toons that stack life. Namely aegis/crucible or shiversteel/crucible or any other combination of those items. I just recently ran into a team in the pretty good tier where every player stacked a combination of these types of items so it was very hard to kill them. I did not play poorly that game I had Taka and went 7-5-2. My build was 2lvl boots, aftershock, tyrants monocle, and I started to get alternating current but changed to tornado trigger but neither really worked. So yeah, what the heck do you do to counter a TEAM (key word team) that stacks life with any of those items?
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » April 12, 2015 1:42am | Report
Also I am not sure if this is the correct section so I apologize in advance.
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kimochi » April 14, 2015 12:32am | Report
The information you give is not enough. Did your opponents go full defensive items right from the start? If so they would have a hard time farming and you should be ahead in gold, therefore ahead in items and your damage would be bigger than their defense. If it was late game then 2 defensive items were quite normal.

Kimochi
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 14, 2015 1:39am | Report
Taka does not do well against tanky characters. They can last long but he can't. If you really want to beat Tanky teams, you'll need a different character

Aftershock is your best bet against high health players. You also have bonesaw for armor shredding to get more basic attack damage through & broken myth (whatever the tier 3 shield pierce item is) to get more shield pierce and crystal damage through.

If the fights are lasting long- which they would have if you weren't taka- breaking point would be a smart weapon choice because it makes you stronger over time.

Players like krul do great against tanky teams- they need time to get a kill & he gets stronger over time.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ConfuTrex » June 7, 2015 5:20am | Report
Normally I build shiver steel, breaking point, aftershock and bonesaw.
Shiversteel stops the enemy from getting away.
Breaking point stacks your damage the longer a fight goes.
Aftershock does a percentage damage of 15%.
Bonesaw shreds the enemy's armor which lead to more damage.
IGN: ConfuT-rex
Region: South East Asia
Main Hero: Catherine/Krul/Taka/Ringo
Practicing: Joule/Petal
Skill Tier: The Hotness
Karma Level: 16
Wins: 546

ConfuTrex
Quote | PM | +Rep by TreeLeven » June 7, 2015 8:23am | Report
Bonesaw counters armor
Aftershock counters crucible
Broken myth counters ageis

id say with the current updates crystal power is really easy to counter (except a joule ult to the face) so I'd pick more weapon orientated heros like ringo/taka/glaive and just get a bonesaw as your 3rd key item if your ahead, ageis if you are behind then get a bonesaw/ageis as 4th. Aftershock isn't really needed if they go all hp because no one really does anymore. Most tanks go fountians so if you can silence or stun the players with fountians and kill everyone else, the tank can't survive alone.

TreeLeven

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved