Vainglory Forums

Is Frostburn worth it?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kanjo » January 14, 2015 3:06pm | Report
Hi, I usually use a Crystal built character, and was wondering what your guys' opinions are on the Frostburn item. Personally, I think it's just a waste of gold, because a crystal built character usually goes in for the kill and it only lasts a few seconds and then you get out. So, Frostburn is basically useless?
IGN: Kanjo
Main: Koshka , Skye , Taka
Serious player, never AFK
Great Karma ?

Kanjo
Quote | PM | +Rep by Pugglz » January 15, 2015 11:32am | Report
I think it's more situational than anything. Works well for melee characters facing a team of long range guys, and especially for assassins like taka and koshka, being able to slow a petal down with their chase abilities then finish them off with basic attacks can come in handy. I play taka and I'll usually grab a frostburn if I see the enemy team building lots of speed, but otherwise I think there are generally better choices

Pugglz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 15, 2015 6:02pm | Report
When playing Petal I find Frostburn very helpful early game, as your damage builds up fast and it continues to help into the mid game. But toward the end of matches the biggest effect is just more crystal power.

I haven't used it much with other characters because boots tend to be more helpful at first, and higher burst damage tends to be more helpful later.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » January 28, 2015 9:43am | Report
As Petal your munions deal crystal power, so they slow the enemy. It's an incredible harassment in the lane. What I hate is when I see Ringos use frostburn...
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 6, 2015 6:24pm | Report
Even so, shiversteel is still better. Cause wp builds > crystal in most cases :P
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by g1mmetheg10ry » February 7, 2015 1:22am | Report
In my opinion, frostburn is one of the best crystal item out there. I rush frostburn on petal so i can roam better. Frostburn on Scaarf is a must buy in order for dragon breath to work. i use it on ringo too. When I'm having a pretty good mid game, i will buy frostburn on adiago to slow enemies i can't reach with arcane fire. Furthermore, frostburn is pretty cheap.

g1mmetheg10ry
Quote | PM | +Rep by wetpaint » February 28, 2015 12:15pm | Report
Frostburn is great for Adagio. Heals a friend while burning/slowing enemies, so they can't get away from my friend.

wetpaint
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 7, 2015 6:19pm | Report
Frostburn can be good for some enemies, but for others the slow just doesn't matter. Heroes like Adagio and sometimes Koshka can find it helpful, because Adagio's heal can slow people and Koshka can hit her enemies then hit them again because of the slow, but for others such as Krul (who has Frostburn as one of his items) it really doesn't do anything.

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved