Vainglory Forums

Is it weird that I build my Glaive like I build my Ardan?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by HanFengLinLin » March 14, 2015 3:04am | Report
Normally I would build Ardan with lots health (Shiversteel and crucible)
Then get clockwork or aftershock depending on the situation(clockwork for spamming the first ability to protect allies)
Then a situational defense item then something with attack speed(mostly bonesaw for armour heavy heroes)

With Glaive I rush clockwork( Again spamming the first ability basically makes me a Catherine)
Then get fountain and situational defense
After depending on enemy team: Aftershock or Serpents mask
Then something with attack speed(Breaking point)

After that they pretty much look the same...

Shouldn't I be building more of an attack Heavy Glaive?
Especially if there already is a support in my team?
IGN: HanFengLinLin
Server: EU
Main: Crystal Furnace Skaarf
Also good w/: Support Glaive/Ardan
Karma Level: 18
Skill Tier: The Hotness(finally)

HanFengLinLin
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » March 17, 2015 4:15pm | Report
Glaive can play a utility support. It's pretty strong because pure WP Glaive can get shredded due to his low defenses although high health.

If there's a support on your team, then you should probably build some damage - Bonesaw and Tyrant's Monocle.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 23, 2015 7:15am | Report
Higher elo Glaive players will most always build Glaive with a lot of defenses. He has the highest base health, and it's a shame not to take advantage of that.

Most players try him with huge amounts of attack speed, see the awesome damage, and love him! But once they find a team who knows how to focus you down, they get discouraged.

I don't quite use ShinKaigen's build (http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/support-your-team-to-victory-updated-for-1-1-7-4307) exactly, but it has a great mix of tankyness and damage for initiating fights.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » April 4, 2015 11:13am | Report
Completely agree with above poster. Loved Glaive but had a tough time using by all the damage I put on him. Got killed too quick. Once I geared him with 2 crucibles, he was fantastic. i do the same for Ardan. (The 2 crucibles part).
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by brainkill » September 5, 2015 2:51am | Report
If I'm running support glaive, I start with warhorn and then clockwork. Your afterburn ability is still kinda long cool down early and the health is needed to tank so I snag the warhorn first. Then it depends on how my team is doing. If we need Dmg I'll go serpents mask and bonesaw/tornado trigger or if we need some more defense I might snag fountain. Once afterburn is overdriven and you have clockwork it really opens up your options. Sometimes when my teams really bad I end up doing the majority of our Dmg in team fights even though I'm support lol

brainkill
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved