Vainglory Forums

Item Choice

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ooajim » September 24, 2016 11:59am | Report
Hello everyone. Sorry I'm a newbie so I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but I wanted to ask a few questions. Every time I build an item on any hero, I either check the guides in this site, or go for the recommended build, but I really would like to be able to build on my own.

I'm more or less aware of what item to build in terms of def. For example, if the enemy team has for example a lot of CP, I go for Aegis or Fountain, if the enemy team has a lot of WP, I go for either of the armors (Atlas Pauldron if I'm up against Krul, or any other hero with high AS, or if I'm a melee hero. Crucible, if we're against heroes like Adran where he can stun the entire team with his ult, or if I'm adagio and there's an enemy that can interrupt my ulti (maybe Aegis too). Am I right so far? But I really have no idea what attack items to buy. For example, I'm Blackfeather, and the recommended build lists Sorrowblade and Serpent Mask. When should I buy Sorrowblade? When should I bay Serpent Mask (on any hero), or Bonesaw or any other WP or CP item?

ooajim
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 24, 2016 5:31pm | Report
This is a question that has copious answers. It would take far to long to try to answer. Guides often tell you what order to build your items, so that should help. It sounds like to me that you may need to learn what the items actually do. When you understand what benefit they offer, then you can choose for yourself when to build them. There is also the layer of which character synchronize with which items better. Its really all about what you are trying to accomplish.

I created this video that might help, unfortunately I haven't done one for the other item sets yet. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydpyz5Oupsk&list=PL4PTL8Udw6EDEKnVdlecERnwPxNDwGYAQ&index=1
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ooajim » September 25, 2016 3:50am | Report
Hi BLG3RNT. Thanks for the video. It was really helpful. Looking forward to the CP part.

ooajim

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved