Vainglory Forums

New Glaive Player

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by TacoSloth_97 » March 4, 2015 2:54pm | Report
Im not very good at this game so I just want some advice on how to play Glaive well
Don't trust their words, trust their actions, because actions will prove why words are meaningless.

TacoSloth_97
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hydraxis_Ph1r3 » March 4, 2015 5:29pm | Report
Did you try reading glaive guides here? They are immense resource to new players, or for people who want to get better at the game. Most things you might need to know about glaive is that he is:
Flexible, and could go Weapon Power or Crystal power and Support the team with his AoE Abilities.
He is a super strong kitty so try act like one, I. E. Hide in bushes and either wait for an enemy, or hide in the lane bushes until you're sure you can punt the enemy into the turret or help a teammate by making the enemy's run futile as they try to run as fast as they can only to get punted stunned and boom dead. Also try to build your bloodsong stacks in the most efficient way you could think of(this one is of the players mindset of course) . Also here's a thing about glaive, the longer the game lasts the stronger he becomes, in early game he isn't that much of a shiner but can assist very well. Now into endgame he is an absolute beast with incredible assist power (well not as much but I mean you're a buff cat with your end game build, you're going to hit hard) Good luck and Cheers!
Server:NA
IG:Hydraxis
Main: Haven't decided
Good With: Ringo, SAW, and Krul
Tier: Decent-ish/Pretty Good

Hydraxis_Ph1r3
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » March 19, 2015 6:19pm | Report
Afterburn is can be amazing if used the right way. I recommend hiding in bushes, then using Afterburn to push your enemies toward turrets or allies who can keep the enemy there like Ringo or Catherine. If there is not an ally like that there, using Twisted Stroke or Bloodsong (If Level 6+) to finish your enemy off. Twisted Stroke is great once you overdrive it, but you shouldn't really follow the rec build, and go super weapon tanky with stuff like Sorrowblade and Tension Bow. You'll do so much burst damage, and believe me, your battles won't be very long.

I'm no expert, but hopefully this helped!
Cheerio!

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Malgus23 » March 21, 2015 11:23am | Report
Check my guide out for a build and tips. I reccomend using afterburn in ganks and escapes. Use bloodsong only with 20 stacks and in a team fight. Check out more tips on my guide. Malgus 23's unbeatable glaive

Malgus23
<Editor>
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » June 6, 2015 4:08pm | Report
Just stay away from tea fights early on. If your team is fighting early they shouldn't. Since extremely weak early game really focus on juggling hard.

Late game you should try to initiate/ own though since your items are all built.

Have fun!
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nishy123 » September 2, 2015 4:15am | Report
Ettercap wrote:

Just stay away from tea fights early on. If your team is fighting early they shouldn't. Since extremely weak early game really focus on juggling hard.

Late game you should try to initiate/ own though since your items are all built.

Have fun!

Early game glaive is really powerful in team fights with the afterburn + twisted stroke

Nishy123

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved