Vainglory Forums

Phinn...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 22, 2015 3:11pm | Report
OK. I hate phinn. I said it. He's broken. I just played a game against phinn with a clockwork and contraption. His teammates never left his side. Forced Accord made it impossible to do any damage to them before we died. His teammates were armorless Ringo and celeste. Both squishy. Our team had full armor and joule had a shatterglass thunder strike. It did nothing to celeste. Ringo with a tension bow by the 8:00 mark did nothing. Once they realized I had a breaking point and built tanky they focused me instead of them and beat us within 15 minutes. I main celeste and know a shatterglass thunder strike hurts without armor. SEMC needs to do something.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 22, 2015 4:49pm | Report
I think Phinn is OP but not really compared to Rona or Celeste.
The best way to counter Phinn is to build shield defense items and bring the battle away from him. If his teammates are always with him place mines in one of the tribushes near the gold mine and fight there. This would give you an advantage and could potentially grant you an ace.
Plus Phinn can't really run away from it because he's too slow.

Who did you play as in this game?
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 23, 2015 7:11am | Report
Support Catherine. Fountain, travel, shiversteel, bp, stormguard. Rona and celeste are both squishy so I don't have problems with them.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NateyT » December 21, 2015 9:52am | Report
I'm a Phinn player and I would completely disagree. Phinn is difficult to kill, but he can't do much damage. The reason you lost the game you're referring to is because the TEAM played well. I've been on plenty of teams which played poorly and we lose - no matter how hard I try to protect them.

NateyT
Quote | PM | +Rep by Equ1 » December 21, 2015 8:55pm | Report
Quoted:
Phinn is difficult to kill, but he can't do much damage.

Ahahahaha...

He has impressive damage for a tank. The main downside is they are easy to juke and he can't do anything to ranged heroes without his Ult. With at least one ranged teammate around though...
Server: South-East Asia
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6) / Silver (Only 'Cancerous' Solo Queue)
Wins: 486 as of 02/01/2016
Main Heroes:
  • Lane: WP Ringo, WP/CP SAW, CP Skye
  • Jungle: WP Glaive or WP Joule, CP Ringo or CP Vox or CP Skye, WP/CP Taka or CP Koshka
  • Support: Aftershock Catherine, Breaking Point Ardan
Which hero I choose is fully dependent on what heroes my teammates are playing.
If you ever see me in casual, just note I am just having fun, and will likely make unusual hero choices.

Equ1

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved