Vainglory Forums

Shiversteel vs Forstburn - Petal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 18, 2015 3:30pm | Report
Anybody have strong opinions on this? Shiversteel is a lot cheaper but I find the recharge from Frostburn to be incredibly useful. Occasionally I get both but it seems a bit redundant. I'm fairly new to playing petal so forgive my ignorance.

I tend to get Siversteel, journey boots, a void battery and then storm guard banner right off the bat and then feel a little lost as to what I want next. I like Frostburn because of the crystal power, it is easy to build into and it makes my kiting even more devastating but I really don't know what is more effective.

Likewise, is it worth keeping an inventory spot open for minion candy/flares or not? I feel like potions are a must with petal unless I get eve of harvest or some other effective life steel.

I also plan on getting some defense (maybe aegis) but I tend to dominate the lower tiers to fast to get to that point in the game.

EDIT: I actually am not positive if frostburn does anything for petal. I assumed munion damage counted as "ability damage" and it seems to work but I'm not sure. If not then yeah, Frostburn doesn't work so great with petal.

NolePatrol
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » January 18, 2015 5:03pm | Report
I don't main Petal so take this with a grain of salt.

Shiversteel is better because it provides a lot of health which helps with not getting bursted down. Assassins love to target Petal, so build other items that prevent getting bursted down.

If you are concerned with energy, get Warhorn before Shiversteel which will help with that energy regen. It also gives health regen and increases her mobility; it is a great item on Petal if used correctly.

Breaking Point is the item your looking for. With Shiversteels health boost and kite potential, your attacks will start to hit like a truck if you keep your distance and kite to build those stacks.

Definitely keep a slot for minion candies throughout the game- they really increase her damage output. Flares are optional unless you are getting ganked as a laner. In the late game, flares are an essential for positioning, but maybe your teammates will help you out on that one.

If you find potions a necessity, then you should get Fountain of Renewal. On top of Warhorn's regen, this should be enough to substitute those potions. Unless it is the early game, potions are really an item for fragile laners like Ringo or assassins such as Koshka.

My last word of advice is to never upgrade to Journey Boots unless your full build is done. The bonuses are minimal while the speed is the same as Tier two boots. I'm typing this on mobile so please allow for any errors or misspellings (blame the autocorrect)

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 18, 2015 6:10pm | Report
Yeah, I meant the tier 2 boots

I use breaking point on my Krul builds, but I never thought about it with petal. Sounds pretty legit with his kiting though.

NolePatrol
Quote | PM | +Rep by NolePatrol » January 18, 2015 8:39pm | Report
Yeah, breaking point works great. It develops a bit slow in the jungle but it's pretty nasty once you get it.

NolePatrol

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved