Vainglory Forums

Templates for Guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 3, 2014 5:09pm | Report
Hero Ability
Prints the wiki's short description of a hero ability.

Gift of Fire
Slot: A

Heals a target ally, then splashes Arcane Fire onto nearby enemies. If Adagio heals himself, he'll also apply a heavy slow to nearby enemies.

Arcane Fire (status effect):
Burns the target every second and causes Adagio's other abilities do deal more damage.
  • Burst heals the target instantly, followed by a gradual heal over the next few seconds.
  • Burst Heal is increased by 9% of Adagio's bonus health.
  • When cast on self, slows nearby enemies by 70% for 0.9s.
  • Resets basic-attack cooldown on activation.

Code:
[template="hero ability" ability="gift of fire"]

Matchup
Provide an overview of how you should play against a certain hero. Read full breakdown here.

WORD 1|WORD 2|WORD 3
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Code:
[template="Matchup" hero="Koshka" threat="1" word1="WORD 1" word2="WORD 2" word3="WORD 3" text="text goes here"]

Synergy
Provide an overview of why certain heroes are good with your hero. Similar to Matchup template.

WORD 1|WORD 2|WORD 3
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Code:
[template="Synergy" hero="Fortress" synergy="9" word1="WORD 1" word2="WORD 2" word3="WORD 3" text="text here"]

Table of Contents
Make a styled table of contents. Read full breakdown here.

1. Introduction
1.1 A Little About Me
1.2 Pros and Cons

2. Items
2.1 Starting Items
2.2 Core Items
2.3 Optional Items

3. Gameplay
3.1 Early Game
3.2 Mid Game
3.3 Late Game

4. Objectives
4.1 Turrets
4.2 Jungle Camps
4.3 The Kraken
4.4 The Vain Crystal

5. Matchups

6. Conclusion

Code:
[template="Guide Table of Contents" big-chapter-1="Introduction" chapter-1-1="A Little About Me" chapter-1-2="Pros and Cons" big-chapter-2="Items" chapter-2-1="Starting Items" chapter-2-2="Core Items" chapter-2-3="Optional Items" big-chapter-3="Gameplay" chapter-3-1="Early Game" chapter-3-2="Mid Game" chapter-3-3="Late Game" big-chapter-4="Objectives" chapter-4-1="Turrets" chapter-4-2="Jungle Camps" chapter-4-3="The Kraken" chapter-4-4="The Vain Crystal" big-chapter-5="Matchups" big-chapter-6="Conclusion"]

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zyronl » December 11, 2014 2:14am | Report
You can also do this...

Gift of Fire
Slot: A

Heals a target ally, then splashes Arcane Fire onto nearby enemies. If Adagio heals himself, he'll also apply a heavy slow to nearby enemies.

Arcane Fire (status effect):
Burns the target every second and causes Adagio's other abilities do deal more damage.
  • Burst heals the target instantly, followed by a gradual heal over the next few seconds.
  • Burst Heal is increased by 9% of Adagio's bonus health.
  • When cast on self, slows nearby enemies by 70% for 0.9s.
  • Resets basic-attack cooldown on activation.

Code is (template="hero ability ability="gift of fire") . Replace " ( " with " [ ". You can replace the ' gift of fire ' with any hero ability.
I have a really big guide coming up, but due to school I cannot finish it. Sorry guys :(

Zyronl
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 18, 2014 3:53pm | Report
Thank you, will add that. It was being a bit buggy in the forums at first so I didn't put it in originally. :P

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SenSeiShadow » April 22, 2016 12:09am | Report
Is there a template for adding heroic perks? This could come in handy when you want to show a hero's abilities and heroic perk, then explaining them.

SenSeiShadow
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SenSeiShadow » April 22, 2016 12:20am | Report
I'd also like to add if any synergy templates are available. I saw Neko's recipe for a troublesome cat, and I noticed the code on making simple ratings and descriptions were too long. I appreciate your attention on these comments, and I'll understand the reasons on why these don't work. :)

SenSeiShadow
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » April 25, 2016 9:28pm | Report
I actually did just make templates for synergies, I will add them! They don't look like the ones you mentioned (those do look pretty great though!) but I hope they will work for what you're looking for.

I updated the first post with the synergy templates, hope it helps!

For the heroic perk, I don't have anything other than the general ability template, but that will still work for heroic perks. Could you describe in more detail what exactly you're looking for?

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SenSeiShadow » May 18, 2016 3:04am | Report
The template would be like the ability templates, replacing the icon of course, and adding the description in the box

Example:

Arcane Renewal
Slot: Heroic Perk

Whenever enemies burning with Arcane Fire take damage from any source, Adagio regenerates 35% of that damage as energy.

The Border code doesn't work. :/

SenSeiShadow
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » March 1, 2017 2:56am | Report
How do you do template for heroes perk like Living Armor
IGN: Thangproz
Server: SEA
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » March 7, 2017 6:33am | Report

That would be: [ icon=Living Armor size=75 ] Just without the extra spaces.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved