Vainglory Forums

using Taka efficiently

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 23, 2015 9:14pm | Report
hi all,

I just bought Taka and my first couple games with him I went pure CP with the following:

-Aftershock (2)
-Alternating Current
-Frostburn
-Broken Myth
-Travel Boots

I keep the speed so I can run around my teammates and do bursts on targets or enemies attacking a teammate in need like a good assassin

I can do massive bursts and kill an enemy pretty quickly. my last game I ran literal circles around SAW, Ardan, and Catherine, though if I mistimed my Kaiten and X-Retsu I got nerfed in about 2-3 hits depending on who it was because I completely neglected WP and defense in favor of quick movement, Kaku, and staying close to my teammates.

is this a good way to go, and I can continue to develop this build style, or should I not focus so much on CP?
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Oldskool » February 24, 2015 8:06pm | Report
You shouldn't get alternating current on Taka, even though the extra attack speed seems tempting. As an Assassin you're going to most likely want to be a burst hero, someone who can get the kill, and get out safely, I would say replace the alternating current with a crucible or strong defensive item like metal jacket or aegis. Broken Myth is a really good idea though, I have had a lot of success with it. Another thing to note: are you playing Taka in solo que? Something I have noticed is that he isn't necessarily a great team player, due to the fact that his abilties only benefit himself, besides of course dealing pure burst damage to an opponent. so I would stay away from playing crystal Taka, with little or no defensive items

Oldskool
Quote | PM | +Rep by fugu_face » February 26, 2015 8:47am | Report
Aftershock effects do not stack (bonus damage for your next basic attack after using an ability) so I'd ditch the second one and get something more useful.
Skill Tier: Simply Amazing through solo queue
Main: Ringo
Others: Taka Catherine SAW
IGN: fugu_face
Server: NA

fugu_face
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 26, 2015 6:21pm | Report
Oldskool wrote:

You shouldn't get alternating current on Taka, even though the extra attack speed seems tempting. As an Assassin you're going to most likely want to be a burst hero, someone who can get the kill, and get out safely, I would say replace the alternating current with a crucible or strong defensive item like metal jacket or aegis. Broken Myth is a really good idea though, I have had a lot of success with it. Another thing to note: are you playing Taka in solo que? Something I have noticed is that he isn't necessarily a great team player, due to the fact that his abilties only benefit himself, besides of course dealing pure burst damage to an opponent. so I would stay away from playing crystal Taka, with little or no defensive items

haha yeah I toyed with the idea of Broken Myth too but I'm a little nervous about staying in a fight long enough for my health to go down and maximize it's effect

I solo qeue Taka when I can if there aren't other junglers on my team (I let them pick first), though once I fill up on enough crystal items - usually around level 8 or 9 depending on the situation - then I become a cute pet fox that follows my teammates who want to attack
basically, at that point: if they farm, I farm; if they attack/gank/something-that-isn't-farming, then I follow them to death (unless I think I'd do more good being alive -> not often)
although if I'm close enough like 200 gold away from the next item I want I'll quickly farm before jumping back in

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 26, 2015 6:23pm | Report
fugu_face wrote:

Aftershock effects do not stack (bonus damage for your next basic attack after using an ability) so I'd ditch the second one and get something more useful.

I was going for the extra crystal and mana regen effects with Aftershock
is there a more effective way for these? I'd like to fill up the least amount of slots possible so I can completely fill up with crystal items

cry_tears
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved