Vainglory Forums

2 Laners 1 Jungler VS. 1 Laner 2 Junglers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Which is better? Why?
1 Laner with 2 Junglers
2 Laners with 1 Jungler
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 15, 2014 1:27pm | Report
What do you think is best?
I personally believe only one laner, and then 2 jungler's is best since the lane can only feed one person at the start, and since a laner is usually a squishy player, they are at a LARGE disadvantage if they do not level up as quickly, or quicker even, as the enemy team, they may as well be useless. Plus if there's two junglers they can both easily hold the minion mine and gold mine as long as they are strong enough to deal with one or both enemy junglers, and if they're aggressive enough, they could even try holding down the crystal mine on the other side of the map, too.
Your thoughts?
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » December 15, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Clearly, having 2 laners and 1 jungler is not good at all. The two laners will have to share the gold and experience, which may be good the first 3 minutes of the game, but after 10 minutes of game the lack of gold and experience will be visible. The 2 enemy junglers can during that time harass your jungler, blocking his gain of experience and gold. And the 2 enemy junglers can help their laner by ganking the 2 laners. So, in the end, the only one of the "2 laners 1 jungler" team who will battle ready for the Kraken will be the jungler (if he was not too much harassed) against a team where the 3 players will be ready
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Oromis7 » December 15, 2014 5:40pm | Report
I think that one lane with two jungles is best. Usually the lane has to feed a carry that is squishy in the early stages of the game. The two junglers are needed to ward off any enemy junglers from their side of the jungle and invade the opposite side's jungle. Sometimes two heroes in the lane work by one having an ironguard contract and letting the carry feed. But even with the ironguard the support usually doesn't have enough gold to be of much use later on in late game. As mentioned before, the two junglers can also gank the enemy hero in the lane and more easily clear out objectives in the jungle.
"May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter" - Gandalf (The Chronicles of Narnia)

Oromis7
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 16, 2014 5:07pm | Report
The jungle can be a distraction since the main goal is really the chain of enemy turrets you must destroy.

Repeatedly I have seen 2 jungle teams forget this until their #2 turret goes down and suddenly they are in a permanent hole.

So the "correct" answer if I may be so bold is to maintain a strong presence in the jungle but always hit the lane when needed to:

1) Protect your turrets
2) Destroy the enemy turrets.

In a similar vein, the cost:benefit of the gold mine is often overrated compared to the 300 boost of nailing an opposition turret. The huge effort to get the miner often costs more than is worth in the long game. At the higher levels I repeatedly see games where the gold mine goes uncontested for long periods as the see-saw against turrets and minion mines is where the game is made or lost.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ahmong » December 16, 2014 10:30pm | Report
I have done 3 lane with saw and Petal (I play Adagio). My friends and I haven't lost a match, saw and petal would harass the lane and I would switch between lane and jungle. I normally would let the other two feed and I'll play as a support until mid game to late game. Then I switch to hybrid support/attack

Although, I don't think that same composition would work if you PUG it.
IGN: Ahmong
Main: Tank support Adagio
Karma level: 12
Region: NA
Skill Tier: Floating around "Pretty good" and "The Hotness"

Looking for a team

ahmong
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Collossus » December 17, 2014 10:31am | Report
the best combo is 1 lane 1 jungle and 1 floater.

a good support that can get kills for the laner and the jungler is the key to a win.

Collossus

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved