Vainglory Forums

2v1 in the lane

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » February 24, 2015 5:24pm | Report
for the noobs that don't understand; if your teamate is being overwhelmed in the lane, especially if he is fighting against 2 enemies, get your {<|>\£.< out of the jungle and help him. I don't care what level you are, and if you aren't able to farm. You will lose if you lose the lane. I just got done fighting for 10 minutes constantly getting pushed back into my base as Ringo. The enemy was pushing with Ringo and SAW. Where was my team you ask? Arden, the protector, was playing in the jungle. Koshka was also in the jungle. 2 of them vs the enemy Koshka, and the enemy was still able to keep stealing the gold mine right around 300 gold. Sigh. Well back in to the fold, hopefully with more experienced teamates.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 24, 2015 5:30pm | Report
Well, if you're good with Ringo, you should be able to hold your own in the lane against two range enemies, not to mention a decent advantage over them by making gold quicker and having a better build/higher level early game.

Ringo & Saw is probably one of the worst team combinations and not difficult to take advantage of.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » February 24, 2015 6:13pm | Report
Not really. How am I supposed to hold as Ringo, vs saw and ringo. Ringo snipes me, saw chains me, Ringo finishes. Because I was too busy on the defense I wasn't able to last hit much, as I was too busy backing up or dieing, so they were actually making about the same as me. Maybe Ardan, as a protector, should have been in the lane protecting.

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » February 24, 2015 6:15pm | Report
I guess what I am saying is this is a TEAM based game, not a solo based one. Sure some heroes are made to solo at specific times, however, when your teamate is pinging you to come help, come help. It doesn't matter how good you are able to play, if your teamate needs help then help him or her.

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 24, 2015 10:29pm | Report
True, but you cant control your teammates actions especially in solo queue and if you are upset because they choose not to help you, theres not much you can do aside from improving your own play and hope for a decent team next game. However easier said than done, ****ty games are an inevitability so only thing u can do is to make sure ur not the one who is ****ty.

Higher tiers might see some better action however uncooperative teammates are everywhere. I rarely ping for support because 1 its annoying 2 it makes u seem needy and 3 if they're good they should know when to help where to go without u havin to ping em. Though not as often as I'd like, the best teams ive played with there was not a single ping from anyone entire game and we either pwn or get whooped.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by haltair » February 25, 2015 6:51am | Report
Mmmm... I have been in the same situation several times and in some cases a 1 vs 2 was an advantage just because I was able to farm gold quicker and in others it was a nightmare because the couple was able to hunt me and make me loose a lot of time...
I suppose that it depends a lot of performance and skill in both sides...

Best,

Haltair

haltair
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 25, 2015 7:50am | Report
i had the same situation i was Ringo vs a SAW and Ringo i went in thinking **** im dead
i had no problem i got ahead so fast i had both in full retreat giving me time to help out with the gold mine so a 1v2 in the lane is to the advantage of the 1
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 25, 2015 9:03am | Report
A bit more problematic is the situation when Petal or Skarff is involved in 2vs1... since Petal's ultimate can be lethal and Skarff can keep poking turrets with oil & fire...add a Taka to the mix to Xretsu and Ringo's basically screwed hah. This is especially problematic if my teammates are complete deadbeats and don't do jack but farm. Either way I find the above case much more difficult to defend against than Ringo & Saw.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Stuffink » February 27, 2015 4:15pm | Report
I sympathise with the sentiment. I can't believe how many Ardan players only use Vanguard on themselves. Sometimes they won't even use it on me to escape from danger, when I'm ahead and waiting to stay in its range.

Ringo of course is excellent on his own in the lane, but we all appreciate a little help now and then.

Stuffink

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved