Vainglory Forums

A Caution Ping.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 18, 2015 7:32am | Report
I think this would be a great addition to the current pings we already have. Say you see the enemy jungler heading towards the lane to gank, you can warn your laner about it. Using the Avoid ping for this seems too strong because you just want them to be careful not leave the area.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 18, 2015 7:20pm | Report
You mean "An enemy is missing" kind of ping, like in LoL ?
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 19, 2015 6:16am | Report
No, as in a "Be careful" ping telling you the enemy might be near. An enemy missing ping might work as well for this though.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by teamsobad » January 19, 2015 7:58am | Report
i want the report button for all those troll and feeder :3 ... ruining the game ... how can you die 11 time in lane phase ...

teamsobad
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 19, 2015 12:29pm | Report
iiBlue wrote:

No, as in a "Be careful" ping telling you the enemy might be near. An enemy missing ping might work as well for this though.

Yeah, in both cases you're right on the fact that the "Avoid" Ping is too harsh, players misunderstand it sometimes and send back an avoid ping to the other two teammates (not knowing who is the one who sent it)... And then get ganked hard

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 19, 2015 12:35pm | Report
teamsobad wrote:

i want the report button for all those troll and feeder :3 ... ruining the game ... how can you die 11 time in lane phase ...

As I said earlier to someone else, nobody should be able to report "feeders" since you can't punish someone for not being a good player. In which game does such a spirit exists ? Not even CoD. Unexperienced players have the right to play, as everyone. They won't ever get banned. Ever.

Now for the trolls who steal the minion camps, the kills, stay out of teamfights by simpling watching hidden, start camping and planting mines at the base when you lost a tower or a Kraken, making you play 2v3, etc... there might be a report button in the future but I fear this button will be used for everything :

You lost the game ? Report the 2 teammates because you think it's their fault
You died too many times ? Report the 2 teammates because they didn't save you
etc etc whit these non-sense situations that might happen a lot...

So, this is a difficult subject

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by McPwn » January 26, 2015 3:24pm | Report
We don't need a fourth ping type. Just use the red ping to warn of danger... that's what it's for. People who express your opinions about another person's strategy via the red ping are mis-using it.

What we DO need are ping gestures because the little ping buttons are hard to push, esp. on a 5S. Like draw a circle gesture to make the red ping appear on your current spot.

But you know if you want to see enemy positions you can always use a flare or minimap, and scroll to your ally.

McPwn
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 27, 2015 9:07am | Report
Or place a Scout Trap where you're getting ganked a lot :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 27, 2015 9:27am | Report
wolf_hands wrote:

Or place a Scout Trap where you're getting ganked a lot :)

It's not that I'm getting ganked a lot. I just wanted to make my team aware that their death might be imminent. Just in case they don't notice the mini map.

iiBlue

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved