Vainglory Forums

Abolishment of rank drop with AFK player debate

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rachellaaa » November 10, 2015 11:48pm | Report
I've had enough of this irrational and unfair policy that is painstakingly ridiculous. In a match where players have no control over one another, it's unjustified to let someone's rank drop just because of an AFK player on their team. I've come to address this problem where I think needs to be a change. So why shouldn't there be a rank drop when there is an AFK player?

Firstly, it's plain injustice. Players should not be penalised for another man's actions. That's just ridiculous and makes no sense at all. Ranked matches holds people at stake. They either lose their rank or increase their rank. It's not something that can be earned over just a few easy matches. Sometimes when the matchmaker matches you against lower ranked opponents, that just gives them an advantage for them to increase their rank even faster but otherwise for you. You would drop so much that the previous matches doesn't even account for anything, since this wasted match had costed you an entire tier drop.

Secondly, there are not just one AFK player in the entire region. There are many. By ignoring this problem it just leads to more players facing this kind of toxic behaviour and having to waste their time in a match like that. Even if there is a deterrent for this sort of behaviour, it still doesn't account for the fact that the teammates would have to account for the deserter's behaviour too.

Thirdly, I understand that if this policy were to be removed, there would need to be an alternative. What I've been thinking is that players who desert would face an even harsher punishment, and would be banned from ranked matches for a period amount of time, just like queue dodging. And instead for the teammates , they would then suffer no losses.

I understand that this policy could be exploited too. Just like any other policies. I've heard that if this policy were to come true, players could just leave their matches and as a result teammates would not have to suffer any losses. Let me tell you something, that is true, but , it is unfeasible since I've said that deserter's would be banned for a period of time. That sort of deterrence would work as long as the the period of time is long enough to keep the person off the idea of exploiting another time. A match takes three different players to play in match, it won't make any sense if one player just decides to sacrifice his rank to drop just to keep their teammates' rank at the same level. No one could think of doing that as it is just too risky.

Feel free to speak your opinions as well. What are your thoughts on this ?

Rachellaaa
Quote | PM | +Rep by SlayBerserk » November 11, 2015 4:27am | Report
I agree but they should separate the ones who leave matches intentionally and those who are disconnected from the game.
Like if someone joins the match again that means he/she is having connection problems and not quitting matches because they are loosing.

SlayBerserk
Quote | PM | +Rep by cC8. » November 11, 2015 5:07am | Report
maybe there should be a ten minute ban for afk's to let the damned ipad charge LOL - i would bet 50 bucks battery (and quickly dismissing batt warnings while getting murdered) is the leading cause of AFKs at higher tiers. maybe a battery icon onscreen? just a lil one?

also, if someone on your team gave up, there's just as good a chance an opponent will, so just try till you are dead, drag it out until the opponent loses a teammate to poor battery life.

all of this is to say i agree the afk penalty is too low, even for myself. but the policy you described sbove is ripe for abuse. like, i could just set some smurf account to attack the enemy turret in a ranked match and afk it just before we lose. no risk + high reward = tragedy.

cC8.
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by anthilltaco » November 13, 2015 1:47pm | Report
This is the system that I feel would make the most sense: if you are soloqing and someone goes AFK your rank drop should be minimal to none and the AFK should be banned for five minutes to 30 minutes then for an hour ETC. and ranked match bans aren't affected by karma meaning you cant just leave and then build up your karma again and go AFK again but instead have the ban timer reset every week or two. this way should you go AFK more than once in a week the time will stack instead of just waiting a day to have it reset. also if you are going AFK every match you play the timer goes up regardless of the time that has passed so say you get banned for 1 min then wait a week for it to reset. then you go AFK again. you'd still get 5 min ban because this is your second consecutive AFK match. now in a partyq the rank drop reduction is removed for everyone in the party and the AFK suffers the same punishments as a soloq AFK. this prevents party members from exploiting it and still punishes AFKs.
Why fix a game when you could just make it completely broken?

anthilltaco
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » November 14, 2015 4:23pm | Report
If the game shows the ping of all players in the kd/build tab, it will become more apparent if players are having connectivity issues or simply leaving the game.
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved