Vainglory Forums

Advice for playing support

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ken3Pointpark » January 13, 2016 11:21am | Report
Hey guys,

I am a new VG player, who wants to focus on the support role. I am testing Ardan at the moment.

Anyone have general tips and advice for support players? Easiest heroes to learn, items to buy, and the support's job description?

-K

Ken3Pointpark
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 13, 2016 12:03pm | Report
First of all good job wanting to learn how to support, there's not many supports at low elo, you know why? Because all the good people in low elo get carried by there supports to higher rank C: and the fact that most low elo people are extremely selfish. Anyway it'll be rough learning at the start but you'll get used to it.

Well I'll start on the supports job first.

A support is a crucial role of vain glory, while most people find it boring it's extremely needed. Supports are the saviours of the team, they buy support items, give the main gold to the carries, body block and save the team's lives multiple times if they build and play right. Supports isn't about having a tonne of gold and kills it's amount saving your team mates and changing the fold's team fights to your favour.

- If you don't already know learn how to iron guard properly for your jungler -

My build in order is: fountain of renewal, crucible, Offensice item like aftershock or breaking point (can be replaced with more support items), shiver steel of atlas Pauldron (pick one of those depending on the situation), warhorn or contraption (pick one depending on your play style and the situation). Don't forget to build tier 1 boots early game, tier 2 boots mid game and tier 3 boots late game after everything else.

Fountain of renewal: This item is crucial get this as your first item. Why? Because when you activate it your team mates that are in range will get a heal. Remember the heal is stronger when your team mates health is low so only use the fountain when there low health and it'll be like there having a second life in the team fights.

Crucible: crucible will activate a temporary health barrier for your team if in range, the barrier will block negative affects like stuns and slows but for now as a beginner to support I reccomended just comboing with the fountain so your team mates don't die a second before they get full health again.

Offensive item: this depends on your play style and what character you are, my play style for Ardan would be a breaking point but on Catherine I'd get a aftershock. It all depends on who your playing and what you think benefits your team.

Shiversteel or atlas Pauldron: Shiversteel will slow people down so pick that over atlas if your against someone like Skye or Vox if you can't catch up to them. Atlas Pauldron will cut attack speed down significantly so pick that over Shiversteel if your vsing someone who relys on attack speed like ringo or Krul.

Warhorn or contraption: warhorn will give a speed boost when activated while contraption will be a endless amount of scout traps and flares, so if you prefer wide whole map vision pick contraption, if you prefer a quick escape from team fights pick war horn.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ken3Pointpark » January 14, 2016 11:34am | Report
Thanks!

Ken3Pointpark
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 14, 2016 11:54am | Report
No problem I'm just hoping you didn't fall asleep reading that lol :P. Just noticed how damn long that post is.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by koalaoverlord » January 25, 2016 3:38am | Report
I would also recommend that you check out some Ardan guides as well. I don't want to self advertise, but the Hepful Ardan guide I made has helped a lot, so you might want to check that out.
IGN: koalaoverlord
Skill tier: With the winter season, who knows?
Mains: Ardan, Blackfeather
Karma Level: Great
Server: EU
Time Online: Weekdays 9-11 GMT, weekends probably not on.

koalaoverlord
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved