Vainglory Forums

AFK suggestion: Additional Karma reward to teammate(s)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by jCHall » December 17, 2014 11:35am | Report
So, here's one mild enhancement that would help provide satisfaction to me when I'm stuck in a game with one, or even two AFKs.

Both losing and winning players receive some Karma points after the game is over. AFK players do not.

I think the teammates of an AFK player should be given a Karma bonus for their efforts. Whether you lose or not, it was at best a 2v3 game. If you choose to complete the game (way more fun for the other team), rather than surrender, an extra Karma bonus for "Perseverance" could be given to the two players stuck with the AFK.

AND...if you get stuck with two AFKers, you could receive a double Perseverance Karma reward.

I believe this would at least provide incentive, and reduced frustration, to the unfortunate player that doesn't quit. Which is really what we want to achieve.

And, even if your 2-player team won, I think a bonus under those conditions is valid.

How about that one, Devs?

From an economic standpoint, this doesn't even really need to change the "currency" balance, as you could split up the typical Karma that would have been given to the AFK player upon game completion had they played. However, I think the bonus should be worth more than that, unless you guys see an opportunity for cheaters. Which is why you can't give more than an individual would receive had they won. But I think there's enough spread for this minor tweak.

jCHall
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by thereisnotry » December 19, 2014 8:35am | Report
I think it's a great idea.

In fact, I would suggest that the teammates who finished out the match should steal the Karma that has already been earned by the AFK player. That is, if Mr.AFK has earned enough Karma to put him at Level 8, he could potentially drop down to Level 7 from an AFK. And the more he AFKs, the more karma he loses each time.

There should be *very* heavy penalties for people who AFK.
Nickname: thereisnotry
Region: NA
Karma Level: 12
Main: Taka!!!! Why am I posting when I could be doing that VainGlory thing?
Secondary: Ringo

thereisnotry
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 19, 2014 10:53pm | Report
thereisnotry wrote:

I think it's a great idea.

In fact, I would suggest that the teammates who finished out the match should steal the Karma that has already been earned by the AFK player. That is, if Mr.AFK has earned enough Karma to put him at Level 8, he could potentially drop down to Level 7 from an AFK. And the more he AFKs, the more karma he loses each time.

There should be *very* heavy penalties for people who AFK.

Not harsh enough.

Ther eis a law of diminishing returns when lots of people hit Lvl 20 and who cares if they drop down karma. Easy to ramp back up again vs. lesser players.

Dropping and Winning/Losing are different behaviours. The karma gained from valid gameplay should not be the same metric used for droppers and avoiders.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved