Vainglory Forums

Any advice on getting my stolen account back please? I am indeed desperate.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yon2ex » October 13, 2016 8:49am | Report
Yes, I have already contact the SEMC support.

Yesterday I can't log into my VG account and the email used to register. All of a sudden I realized what happened. Normally what you should do is to get your email back and things will be easy afterwards. However, mine is not the case.

My account was originally bought from another player in June, 2016. I know the SEMC does not support account trading. But first I think it's actually a common thing in a game and my reason of doing so is very simple: the limited Night Shadow Taka skin. I love that skin so much but ever after I started playing this game it was already out. Back then there was no Opal system so the only way is to buy an account with the skin. It's reasonable I think.

The player who sold me his account did not want to play VG anymore that moment because he is going to prepare for college entrance exam. When I get the account he asked me to delete all the friends and clear out of guild, so I think he is for real.

The next few months I just have a great memory together with this new account and spent more money in it for the skins. I treated the skins more like collections rather than something to show off. So it really hurts when it was stolen.

The SEMC support department was kind and asked me to provide some account related information like the heroes and skins unlocked, my level and tier, my usual IP address. I told them as much as I know. But somehow they said the information was not correct. I only know that my IP is not correct according to them but the IP is actually changing from time to time so as I told them( although the major part will remain same).

And then they just asked to find the email back. Given the account and email was stolen the same time, I do doubt the one who sold it to me was the theif but so far I can't get in touch with him. And that email was tied to his cellphone which I should have noticed earlier so I have really big difficulty to claim it back( The email and VG account was sold to me at the same time then)

The SEMC just said they can't risk to give the account back to me. To some extent, I understand and appreciate their cautiousness. However, with that much information provided (the heroes and skins unlocked,level and tier, IP address, the left glory and ice amount, the wins number), I just think I should be able to prove it is mine. I can also know that my hidden points are higher than my rank and some other information. But there seems to be of little help.

Guys, sorry for the long reading but can you offer me some advice or get in touch with someone you know in the SEMC? I am really desperate right now and I don't really think I have the strength and time to start it over. It just hurts.

Yon2ex
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lycaon » October 15, 2016 12:23am | Report
For an account to be stolen, that is, for your registered email or password to change, you would have to contact SEMC. You cannot simply change your email account like that. Unless the thief is a pro level hacker or something, they would have to talk to SEMC first.

An email can only be stolen if someone knows the password or he is, again, some pro level hacker.

Correct me if I am wrong, but an email account and the VG account doesn't seem to have any ties, other than a form of identification for a VG account and form of contact to SEMC. Both the VG account and email may have different passwords.

My own account is proof of this. I accidentally used a non-existent email for my vainglory account the first time, and it never affected my account. Realizing that I used a non existent email, SEMC told me to give me my real email and integrated my account to it.

From this information, I can tell you that the thief has already contacted SEMC to change the email the account was linked to, and most likely the password as well. He may or may not have changed your username as well.

If the account and the email has the same password, it is most likely that someone who hacked and stole the email also knew you were playing Vainglory somehow, tested to see if the password is the same, then proceeded to change the email and password integrated to your VG account to make it his.

I hate to break it to you, but the only one who has that kind of information is, again, if not a hacker, the seller or the seller's close friend who also knows of all this information.

You would have to ask SEMC if they previously had someone else email them to change the email and password to your VG account. It should be traceable if they keep all their emails.

Good luck, I hope you get your account back.

P.S. I'm not some dude who knows all the laws and stuff, but if it WAS the seller, I'm pretty sure you can report him to the police, cause money is involved.

Lycaon

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved