Vainglory Forums

Anyone else hate the way Vainglory is trending?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lusunu » December 18, 2017 8:30pm | Report
So, maybe I'm just the odd one out on this point, or maybe I'm just mad about having to relearn how to Vainglory.
But I really hate the idea of Vainglory leaving the current 3v3 for 5v5.
3v3 is what makes Vainglory different, makes it original. Every other MOBA out there is 5v5, and I've hated all of them. Vainglory is cool in that it's 3v3, which makes it less likely that someone will be AFK, and makes many other things more viable (like setting up map vision) without losing a noticeable amount of depth in strategy. Same game as the others, but better and more fun.
So I watched warily as they announced a move to 5v5. I'll be honest, I was kind of sad, because now SEMC is choosing to be the exact same as everyone else. But I was hopeful that it would remain primarily focused on3v3, with the 5v5 as a sort of extra mode, like Blitz or the new Onslaught.
Then I watched the 2017 finals at 3am from one of the thesters showing it, and they announced they were moving competitive Vainglory to 5v5 next season.
I don't think it's a huge leap to say that because of that, they're probably getting rid of 3v3 ranked before too long. Maybe it'll take until 2019 at the latest, but unless I'm highly mistaken, 3v3 will be removed before too long.
Which sucks. Vainglory is going to become the same as every other MOBA, only with different heroes, and a different map. I hate that.
But again, maybe it's only me.
What do you guys think?
Bored guy with too much free time on his hands.
Currently level 30, and about 1400 wins.
T5 in Vainglory rn, because I don't care enough to carry farther in the tiers.
No team
Part of the guild Angels Of Pandora, would look for a better guild, but I have friends there.
Probably listening to No One Like You while playing Vainglory right now

Lusunu
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Faey » December 19, 2017 4:05am | Report
I never fancied the idea of 5v5. I'm almost sad that they're moving the competitive Vainglory to 5v5. 3v3 is extremely fun to watch, if I want 5v5, LoL is probably better. Still, I don't hate 5v5. It's a fun mode.
Crazy d

Faey
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » December 22, 2017 3:39am | Report
I hated the idea at first too. Thats when I saw the recordings of what they showed at worlds and actually got thinking and now I think its a great idea.

For starters, 5v5 competitive is more fun in the sense that plays will be more epic, team fights will require more strategy and skill, and it will actually give more talents players the chance to become professional players since teams will start looking for more players to fill up spaces on the main team and subs.

Second off, 3v3 competitive will never truly die. People will still host 3v3 tournaments, 3v3 tourneys might even still be a thing on the esports scene, and on top of that there will be many of us who played it while it was only 3v3 still playing it and encouraging other players to play it.

Third is that it does kind of suck that they will probably take ranked off of 3v3. Especially for a lot of us who worked our ***es off on it. Its just something SEMC might do to expand more on the 5v5 mode. Lets face it too, peeps would probably grind up their 3v3 rank and then post a screen shot saying they got it on 5v5.

The only thing I'm gonna hate about 5v5 is partying. I am a person who has soloqed ever since he joined (2 years ago) and 5v5 will make soloq hell. If you want to rank up in 5v5 you will most certainly need to party. Look on the bright side though, this gives us more chances to play with more of our friends at once lol.

I'm actually really excited for 5v5 and while I will miss stuff like the 3v3 esport scene and the probable extermination of 3v3 rank, I'm gonna do my best to rank up and be awesome on 5v5 but still keep my 3v3 roots!
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DeathWish » December 23, 2017 5:55pm | Report
Furst uf all

They are not changing 3v3 -> 5v5
They are ADDING 5v5

Witch means you can still play the 3v3

Second
they are adding 5v5 to boost vainglory popularity
Because games like mobile legend are trending ( mobile legend. Had ****pier graphic and gameplay tahn VG I have no idea how that game got popular . It's probably because the have over 9999999999 ads.
PS.i absolutely despise ML)
IGN:R9EDeathWish
(capital "R,E,D,W)

Mains:varya-taka-lance-ylva-magnus
I usualy use any carry, but...., MEH

DeathWish
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Falcuneer » January 18, 2018 5:35pm | Report
I agree with you totally, man. You're not the only one. I've heard from lots of other players that 3 v. 3 is what makes VG unique. I think the 5 v. 5 transition is SEMC getting caught up in the business and the profit rather than the heart of the game. The game hasn't been out for that long and they can fine-tune 3 v. 3 and make it even more awesome! New maps, a flux of heroes, and new items would do it for me but I guess they're just responding to their customers.

Some people really want 5 v. 5 and I could understand why. It's a different meta, feel, and experience from the mundane 3 v. 3 and it includes more strategy and thinking.

I just hope, as we look towards the future, SEMC doesn't overstep their boundaries. We'll see though.
Henry Ford: "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."

Hey guys! How

Falcuneer
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lone Gamer » February 21, 2018 12:07pm | Report
Yeah i agree with that. Thats how i think when i started playing vainglory. This game is different from other MOBA with the 3v3.

So, does that mean the ranked matches of 3v3 will removed in the future? Then, all of that sleepless night, frustration with bad players will all just in vain

Lone Gamer
Quote | PM | +Rep by Makio » March 10, 2018 11:03pm | Report
Now that I've started really trying out 5v5, I've found that I enjoy the complexity there more. Every once in a while since 3.0, I've gone back to 3v3 just to rank, but that's about it. Through this transition to 5v5, I realized what I really love about VG is how the touch controls work, how everything looks, how good it feels to burst down a SAW for the hundredth time. That all transferred from 3v3 to 5v5 for me.

Both are fun though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hotness :,)

if I spent the hours I've played this game on bettering the world, we'd be a utopia

Makio
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShiroKageFox » May 27, 2018 8:28pm | Report
Honestly, I love both 3v3 and 5v5. It makes me a little sad that Vainglory is changing, but that's normal to feel that way, especially since it's changing drastically. I mean: new map, new heroes, new items, new strategies, 5v5. It's all overwhelming.

However, I've, as well as many of you all, seen Vainglory grow. We've watched this game go from inferior to a superior game that matches up to the rivals. While, Super Evil Megacorp has focused on US and OUR wishes. Not the money, not the fame, but US! We need more organizations that actually care like they do.

Therefore, although it's changing, and it's a little scary, we will adapt. We will talk about the 'good old days' with our new comrades, and they'll teach US some new tricks. Although Vainglory won't ever be the same again, our memories are held in our hearts forever, and we may sit back and watch this amazing game surprise us each update.
The Old Secret S0ciety.
Destroying the vain since 2016!
Taka Main - Catherine Secondary - Fortress Tertiary

ShiroKageFox
Quote | PM | +Rep by pierrofimory » October 31, 2018 2:06am | Report
Lusunu wrote:

So, maybe I'm just the odd one out on this point, or maybe I'm just mad about having to relearn how to Vainglory.
But I really hate the idea of Vainglory leaving the current 3v3 for 5v5.
3v3 is what makes Vainglory different, makes it original. Every other MOBA out there is 5v5, and I've hated all of them. Vainglory is cool in that it's 3v3, which makes it less likely that someone will be AFK, and makes many other things more viable (like setting up map vision) without losing a noticeable amount of depth in strategy. Same game as the others, but better and more fun. Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla
So I watched warily as they announced a move to 5v5. I'll be honest, I was kind of sad, because now SEMC is choosing to be the exact same as everyone else. But I was hopeful that it would remain primarily focused on3v3, with the 5v5 as a sort of extra mode, like Blitz or the new Onslaught.
Then I watched the 2017 finals at 3am from one of the thesters showing it, and they announced they were moving competitive Vainglory to 5v5 next season.
I don't think it's a huge leap to say that because of that, they're probably getting rid of 3v3 ranked before too long. Maybe it'll take until 2019 at the latest, but unless I'm highly mistaken, 3v3 will be removed before too long.
Which sucks. Vainglory is going to become the same as every other MOBA, only with different heroes, and a different map. I hate that.
But again, maybe it's only me.
What do you guys think?

s extremely fun to watch, if I want 5v5, LoL is probably better. Still, I don't hate 5v5. It's a fun mode.

pierrofimory

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved