Vainglory Forums

Been using Contraption instead of Clockwork

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Whyu1nunno » September 25, 2015 10:37am | Report
Hi All. So I play Joule pretty Hardcore right now.... I've been trying some new things because since the patch where they changed beam from 3 hits to 6 CP Joule doesn't feel as strong. Her Crits with WP are nice, but there's really no reason to pick her over Taka or Glaive or Krul (WP or Aftershock Krul) if you're looking for big Damage. so I wanted to work on CP Joule.

so for fun one day I started playing around with subbing in different items. The new contraption is absolutely insane. I played with an Adagio that decided to pick 2 contraptions boots, serpents mask and 1 shield 1 armor and we completely wrecked the other team like I've never seen before. He had, seriously almost the entire map on our side lit up in blue lol. he must've had like 200 scout traps on the map lol. and man do mines do more damage as the game progresses? anytime we had team fights we did it in the middle of like 10 mines and well... LOL GG MOFOS.

So I fell in love with Contraption at that moment and started using it. I realized that it has some really nice benefits to Joule. First the cool down time is nice. Energy regen is nice. All is not as good as with clockwork, but along with the 20% cooldown difference (not too noticeable, honestly), and 5 energy recharge difference (which IMO for joulue is negligible because she's hardly ever out of energy), what you gain is more than worth it:

+200 health
+16 health regen
Mines
Flares
Stormguard Passive

I'm looking at this and I honestly don't think Clockwork compares. I know it has its place but the CD for abilities 1 and 2 is negligible and the ability to put mines EVERYWHERE is fantastic. I have been doing this with CP, so the build is Shatter glass, then contraption, then boots, broken myth, eve, and either an armor/shield or another shatter glass if I'm not taking a lot of damage. I have been doing fantastic. has anyone else been using contraption instead of clockwork in their builds? I absolutely love this idea...

Whyu1nunno
Quote | PM | +Rep by Franeurysm » September 26, 2015 7:31pm | Report
That's a pretty interesting Adagio build. May I ask what tier you play in? I never thought of using 2 contraptions because I thought that multiples of the same item run off the same cooldown timer now.

Support Adagio is one of my mains and I build Contraption/Boots/Eve/Fountain/Crucible with the last slot situational.
For Support Joule I run Contraption/Boots/Fountain/Crucible/Clockwork/situational. Not a lot of power but I rely on the Rocket Leap stuns, especially stunning them when they're on a mine.

Franeurysm
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spicoli » September 28, 2015 1:11pm | Report
Whyu1nunno wrote:

Hi All. So I play Joule pretty Hardcore right now.... I've been trying some new things because since the patch where they changed beam from 3 hits to 6 CP Joule doesn't feel as strong. Her Crits with WP are nice, but there's really no reason to pick her over Taka or Glaive or Krul (WP or Aftershock Krul) if you're looking for big Damage. so I wanted to work on CP Joule.

so for fun one day I started playing around with subbing in different items. The new contraption is absolutely insane. I played with an Adagio that decided to pick 2 contraptions boots, serpents mask and 1 shield 1 armor and we completely wrecked the other team like I've never seen before. He had, seriously almost the entire map on our side lit up in blue lol. he must've had like 200 scout traps on the map lol. and man do mines do more damage as the game progresses? anytime we had team fights we did it in the middle of like 10 mines and well... LOL GG MOFOS.

So I fell in love with Contraption at that moment and started using it. I realized that it has some really nice benefits to Joule. First the cool down time is nice. Energy regen is nice. All is not as good as with clockwork, but along with the 20% cooldown difference (not too noticeable, honestly), and 5 energy recharge difference (which IMO for joulue is negligible because she's hardly ever out of energy), what you gain is more than worth it:

+200 health
+16 health regen
Mines
Flares
Stormguard Passive

I'm looking at this and I honestly don't think Clockwork compares. I know it has its place but the CD for abilities 1 and 2 is negligible and the ability to put mines EVERYWHERE is fantastic. I have been doing this with CP, so the build is Shatter glass, then contraption, then boots, broken myth, eve, and either an armor/shield or another shatter glass if I'm not taking a lot of damage. I have been doing fantastic. has anyone else been using contraption instead of clockwork in their builds? I absolutely love this idea...

shhhh, b'quiet...you're gonna get the best item ever nerfed.

Spicoli
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Whyu1nunno » October 7, 2015 12:45pm | Report
Franeurysm wrote:

That's a pretty interesting Adagio build. May I ask what tier you play in? I never thought of using 2 contraptions because I thought that multiples of the same item run off the same cooldown timer now.

Support Adagio is one of my mains and I build Contraption/Boots/Eve/Fountain/Crucible with the last slot situational.
For Support Joule I run Contraption/Boots/Fountain/Crucible/Clockwork/situational. Not a lot of power but I rely on the Rocket Leap stuns, especially stunning them when they're on a mine.

Yeah the stats for Contraption stack. Tested it in 1.9 so its possible. I just picked up Glaive and its helpful, although choosing contraption is weaker in the current meta.
Spicoli wrote:

shhhh, b'quiet...you're gonna get the best item ever nerfed.

Nobody believes in contraption so I doubt it'll change lol

if anything they need to strengthen it. $2500 is a lot I think. Maybe they should add minion candy to it. Adding potions to it would render fountain useless so that'll never happen. but still... it could use a slight bump because i'm not seeing it in any high ELO play, really. Unless i'm missing something. Mind you my ELO isn't high but I watch A LOT of videos lol

Whyu1nunno

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved