Vainglory Forums

Beginner here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kratos20th » August 4, 2017 9:26pm | Report
I just joined vainglory today and i loved it . I am a moba player and i've played analog based moba games like heros evolved . Touch based moba is a new thing to me . So i have a few questions which i will love to know the answer

Is there a way to pre buy items??
Which hero should i buy first??
I like fotress but not sure if i should go for him or is there any better choice?

Tips and suggestions are also welcome

Thanks for your time

Kratos20th
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » August 4, 2017 10:11pm | Report
No, unfortunately

People have differing opinions but I would recommend Vox, he is quite strong in the current meta and he is forgiving with his Sonic Zoom in case you make a mistake and he can go both CP and WP.

Fortress is a good Captain that can also be a Jungler. He is more of a dive hero that dives into the enemy team, so if you like that sort of playstyle go for it. Though you may meet teammates who are too scared to dive in with you, and that will cause a lot of problems as Fortress needs his entire team to dive with him.

A few tips I can give is to learn stutter stepping, and that you sometimes need to buy Atlas Pauldron(reduces attack speed of enemies and can completely shut down strong lower tier heroes such as SAW and Krul).
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 8, 2017 2:28am | Report
You can buy pre items by clicking the desired item in item tab and activate box of automated buy or just use recommended build path!

I dont suggest you buy vox as this guy sayd because vox is not a something as a hero but instead it just matters if you can stutterstep, farm well lane and stuff like that! Also vox is opposite to fortresss...while fortress likes to dive and be aggresive and initiate vox is on the other hand the ultimate pu ssy...he relies on enemies to dive on him so he can reposition and punish them with some basic attacks! Strongest vox ability is that he is slippery...so enemies most of the time wont focus ya because you can get them in trouble! He lacks pure aggresive offensive...he is a sustain hero not a burst or a diver...and he lacks any jungler abilities...considering you seem to like junglers!

Fortress can be playd effective at any level if you know what you are doing...i used to main fortress! If you get fed and teammates are not ******ed to either anoy you or steal your farm and everyone does its role fortress excells in any area! Fortress mauls squishy...can brawl with strongest heroes while in brawl counters one of the most dangerous if not the most dangerous assassins taka and has edge over another very strong assassin laner idris! Fortress also has edge over high hp targets meaninf tanks because of his mortal wounds...his weakness stands in his resistance against any sort of dmg while out of ulti...this is due to the stupid developers...fortress was op and how it should be few patches ago...now it is nerfed to bits!

On the other side if you like aggresive pursuit and aggresivity grumpjaw is the ultimate killing machine! He is ultra tanky that means you can bassicaly ignore defense items and go full wp combining this wih his b any target will fall in a matter of miliseconds...as long as you dont get caught off guard! He ambushes very well...and has highest dmg potential in the whole gane...troughout all the game!

Another interesting pick would be krul because of his ability to literraly eat targets dmg while gaining lifesteal...as long as you can survive the 3 seconds of a gank...the gank will most likely be won!

If you truly like fortress pick him and main him,..he is hard to master...takes time! Fortress is stronger as a jungler whatever people may think! taka each hero for a spin in practice mode...see wich one ya like! And dont worry about heroes being weak or strong...it just depends who controls them! Pick whatever ya like...any hero can shine!
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved