Vainglory Forums

Best blackfeather build?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » January 3, 2016 8:50pm | Report
I recently started playing VG again after taking a semester off, & I noticed that blackfeather is the new assassin. I bought him & I'm highly interested in him, but I can't seem to get down the ideal build for him. I've been trying different WP builds with mixed results (crystal was a disaster, but I'm open to well tested crystal build). Any suggestions on the best build & play style for Blackfeather?
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 3, 2016 9:44pm | Report
I usually build sorrow blade breaking point or sorrow blade, Tryrants and a breaking point. You won't need piercing because black feather is actually broken this patch but you can build it if you want.

If you don't know and you probably should though. As WP Max A and C. As CP Max B and C.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 4, 2016 3:40am | Report
I usually build:

Breaking Point
Serpent's Mask
Journey Boots
Shiversteel
Aegis
Metal Jacket or Fountain of Renewal

You can switch up the defensive items to adapt to the enemy team.

It's pretty much a Krul build except with a Serpent's Mask for his burst.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by AndyHibberd » January 4, 2016 4:14am | Report
I build serpent, blazing salvo, journey boots as my core then defensive according to whether they have sorrowblade or shatterglass heroes.
If their team is tanky then breaking point.
If I'm after short fights then I'll go for sorrowblade.
I tried CP build once and it didn't suit my play style.

AndyHibberd
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverMK » January 6, 2016 12:57am | Report
Veneticius wrote:

I usually build:

Breaking Point
Serpent's Mask
Journey Boots
Shiversteel
Aegis
Metal Jacket or Fountain of Renewal

You can switch up the defensive items to adapt to the enemy team.

It's pretty much a Krul build except with a Serpent's Mask for his burst.

Great build. BF is good with two offensive, two defensive items ( preferably aegis and metal jacket) and boot. Serpent mask can be replaced by sorrow blade. The final slot can be an offensive or defensive item. Krul has no chance against him.
IGN: ...
Server: SEA
Main: WP Joule, Koshka, Ardan, Catherine
Tier: HOTgirl.

SilverMK
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 6, 2016 1:01am | Report
Krul has a huge chance against broken/black feather for sure, Although black/broken feather can do his job and remove Krul. Krul has a chance and a pretty damn good one. Have you ever seen a krul not use spectral smite and keeping his stacks for the regen along with breaking point? After that point it's hard to make a dent in him.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverMK » January 6, 2016 1:23am | Report
uncrudable wrote:

Krul has a huge chance against broken/black feather for sure, Although black/broken feather can do his job and remove Krul. Krul has a chance and a pretty damn good one. Have you ever seen a krul not use spectral smite and keeping his stacks for the regen along with breaking point? After that point it's hard to make a dent in him.

Feels like you said nothing. Krul can beat BF and BF can beat Krul. Understood, bro. Just wanna say BF is a better version krul.
IGN: ...
Server: SEA
Main: WP Joule, Koshka, Ardan, Catherine
Tier: HOTgirl.

SilverMK
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 6, 2016 1:39am | Report
Black feather isn't alike Krul.......... Black feathers abilities are different completely to kruls and Krul can last a lot longer then black feather with a breaking point. Your basically saying Krul is bad and black feather is good.....

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 9, 2016 5:43pm | Report
Blackfeather is kind of like Krul because:

a) He has a bursty move(Feint of Heart), combined with Serpant's Mask, can lifesteal like Krul's Spectral Smite.

b) He has a crowd control,(On Point). Even though it isn't as good as Krul's From Hell's Heart, it can still help you chase enemies.

c) He has a gap closer(Rose Offensive). I personally think this is better than Krul's Dead Man's Rush because you can use it two times and deals a bunch of damage with stacks on Breaking Point.

I think in this meta Blackfeather is better than Krul because of how hard it is to play Krul in the higher Elo. Blackfeather has a better early game than Krul and is harder to counter than Krul.

However, if it was Blackfeather against Krul in the lower Elo, like tier 2 and 3 Krul would probably win. Most people there wouldn't know how to counter Krul.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 9, 2016 6:43pm | Report
Just because black feathers abilities have similar mechanics doesn't mean the characters are completely alike. I've seen people who can completely destroy as Krul high elo, just because his hard to play doesn't mean he's a worse character then black feather it simply means you need more skill for a more rewarding result.

And sure serpent can life steal but it's no where near the amount of health you can get back on Krul. All I'm trying to say is, maybe black feather is better in your hands to play with but Krul will be much more suited for others and will work magic with him. In my opinion no character is better then another and it's all about play style........... Unless we're talking about saw, he is complete and total trash.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved