Vainglory Forums

Best team combo???

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrScience » July 22, 2015 4:29pm | Report
Hello all!

I was just wondering who ya'll think is the best team combination? Please post your thoughts!

I know that in theory no one team can be the best because it depends who you are playing against as well as the skill levels of players involved but some combinations are undoubtedly better than others. I believe the combination of Rona with Ardan support and a Celeste in the lane can be the most deadly combination when it comes to team fights.

If this team handles a 3v3 battle correctly it can be very difficult to defeat. In this scenario ardan would trap one or two opponents in the gauntlet, Rona jumps in and uses her ultimate in combination with celestes ultimate within the gauntlet. The combination of the high crystal damage of Celeste and the high weapon damage of Rona will kill or nearly kill the players trapped within the gauntlet and from there it should be a walk in the park.

Another deadly combo I have seen is Celeste with Joule and Catherine. All three players ability to stun/silence opponents leads to almost intant death to the first opponent into the fray and once a 3v2 battle ensues, smart fighting will lead to victory.

Anywho, I think this info will be extremely helpful to those who are in lower tiers and dislike the matchmaking, as quality team combos will likely prevai.

Again, please comment as I am very interested to know experienced players thoughts on the team organization. Thanks!!

DrScience
Quote | PM | +Rep by anli1122 » July 22, 2015 7:14pm | Report
i think vox, adagio, and joule because the stuns, heal and silences

anli1122
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 24, 2015 6:18am | Report
The Rona, Celeste, ardan combo would struggle because Rona & Celeste are both easy to pick off. There's not a lot of speed, & aside from
Celeste, there's not enough bursty damage. It would do great, but I wouldn't say best. The second combo would also be pretty nice, but I wouldn't say best. Celeste is good, but she's easy to pick off.

I'd prefer a glaive, ardan, & adagio combo. All of their ult's in the same area, adagio's heal & attack boost, adagio's and ardan's slows, glaive's stuns, the incredible tankiness, versatility, & balance of the team... Sounds pretty solid to me haha
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DrScience » July 24, 2015 8:42am | Report
While Glaive, Ardan, and Adagio can be extremely tanky, they could be countered by timing a reflex block to stop the ult and stun fairly easily. And the team doesn't have the ability to do a ton of damage outside of Glaive.

I do agree with your comments about Celeste and Rona being a little too squishy. Perhaps replace Rona with a tanky Krul, then you have Ardan and Krul who both have good survivability, with the burst damage of Celeste. Also gives another stun with kruls ult.

DrScience
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 26, 2015 10:21am | Report
1. Krul
2. Krul
3. Krul
This comp is unstoppable because you can't lose because you can't actually play it because this game is stooooooopid ;)
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 26, 2015 7:57pm | Report
DrScience wrote:

While Glaive, Ardan, and Adagio can be extremely tanky, they could be countered by timing a reflex block to stop the ult and stun fairly easily. And the team doesn't have the ability to do a ton of damage outside of Glaive.

I do agree with your comments about Celeste and Rona being a little too squishy. Perhaps replace Rona with a tanky Krul, then you have Ardan and Krul who both have good survivability, with the burst damage of Celeste. Also gives another stun with kruls ult.

True; I suppose the lack of bursty damage could result in a few easy takedowns.

& yeah, I'm a huge Rona fan, but she's an easy target. The second idea would be problematic, because krul & ardan would take quite a while to dish out real damage while Celeste is picked off. Also, the team would be heavily lopsided crystal.

After some thought, I'll have to settle on ringo, koshka, & ardan. There's a good damage output, 2 good heroes to protect the laner in a team fight, great chase abilities, decent sustainability, & good balance between crystal & weapon. :)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 29, 2015 9:27pm | Report
Problem with Rona is she no damage.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved