Vainglory Forums

Bonus Glory for undefeated matches?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hakk » February 9, 2015 2:04am | Report
Not sure if this has been suggested elsewhere yet but it would be great to see a reward system put in for flawless games. For example, you go 10-0-5 in a match. You should get awarded extra Glory for that just like you do for hard fought matches.

Not sure the best formula but maybe something like 50 bonus glory for going undefeated with 5-9 kills. 100 bonus glory for 10-19 kills. And 150 bonus glory if you get more than 20 kills and go undefeated.

When you have a great match it would just be great to see a reward for it. :)
IGN: Hakk
Main: Petal and Ardan
Other Char: Celeste
Region: North America
Karma level: 15
Wins: 125+
Tier: Pretty Good (Bronze)

Hakk
Quote | PM | +Rep by RyanDaDestroyer » February 9, 2015 2:38am | Report
It would be hard as some idiot players just kill and run away, then if there is some enemy low health, kill and go away again... So its a bad idea... Unless you make it only for like lv 15+ karma or 10+ or decentish or not bad skill tier or whatever... All n all we dont need it...
My by far FAVOURITE heroes are SAW and ARDAN ... Although peeps might think just coz im 12 i cant play well and *****... I have learnt from countless hours on vaingloryfire and especially from vgrumblysuperset.. My signature move is to just keep spinning while using ardans third move when i win lol

RyanDaDestroyer
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hakk » February 9, 2015 10:59am | Report
I agree there is room for abuse for idiot players but I think you could build around it somehow maybe only unlock for players at a certain karma level or build in that the bonus glory is only awarded if you win as undefeated. Even idiots players have a hard time not dying when they get pinned back in their base and lose.

I think there is a need as it's somewhat discouraging to have an awesome match and not be rewarded for it.

Hakk
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » February 9, 2015 3:04pm | Report
I would think going undefeated at all would be rewarding enough. I have every character unlocked and still have tons of glory left over, so I don't think extra glory is really necessary. But maybe an achievement list at the end of the game that shows something like double/triple kills, killing sprees, no deaths, who dealt the most damage/healing, most steps taken (lol?), something like that. It would be entertaining I think.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 9, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Going undefeated or no deaths is not what VG is about. Its about winning, and doing your role and melding well with your team. For example, supports might die far more than they get kills, but if it's to allow the carry to ace the team or take objectives, then I consider it a win for the support. Additionally, in highly competitive matches, dying is a thing that happens and does not indicate a bad player. It is simply a game mechanic and should not be thought of as a measure of skill in a strategic, team play focused game such as this MOBA.

And really, I can already see players avoiding fights and not supporting their team because they want this bonus. A good feature does not expect it's players to be at any specific skill level, but is rather balanced all around.

I'm sorry for being the critic, but it is already easy to earn glory as it is and I care more about core gameplay than seeing who can die less often.

jttm
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hakk » February 12, 2015 10:18pm | Report
Elandriel wrote:

But maybe an achievement list at the end of the game that shows something like double/triple kills, killing sprees, no deaths, who dealt the most damage/healing, most steps taken (lol?), something like that. It would be entertaining I think.

That's a good point. I'm not sold on having glory for undefeated just thought it was an idea that made sense. However, you and jttm make some good points. Really like that idea of random achievements though! Would make for some fun stats to view! :)

Hakk

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved