Vainglory Forums

Can we please stop with the flare spamming?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » July 30, 2015 8:00am | Report
Lately, it seems like every other game there is at least one player that spams the hell out the ? flare every time they die!? WHY?

If I'm laning, I try to keep an eye on the mini map, but I'm not always gonna catch a fight if I'm trying to micro manage my farming to avoid taking too much damage from say a Celeste (Heliogenesis spamming), or Skaarf (Spitfire and/or Goop damage).

It seems a lot of people I get queued with don't flare when they need help, but they make sure to flare spam me when they die! I've been flare spammed even though I'm right next to them focusing the same fricken opponent! If you need help, flare early! If I spot it early, I rotate down as quick as I can, but I'm not always gonna get there. This stuff really makes me want to just sit at the spawn and flare spam the hell out of people. I never do, but I really want to some times. Ugh...

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 30, 2015 2:27pm | Report
When people spam question mark it mean they think you did something wrong and are mad. It is most commonly used when you don't help them when the **** hits the fan for them during a jungle invade or team fight. It is better to just farm because you can get a pretty big lead in spite of the jungle struggling.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 1, 2015 5:19am | Report
It's always going to be part of the game.

No matter which vidyo gaem you may play, there's going to be people (or annoying tards in this case) that abuse a particular button. I do use the question mark to indicate whether, as a jungler, I should take a minion mine or not. As a laner, I use it exasperately on an ally who was in the jungle messing about when a 2v3 is occurring,

Either way, I hope I do the right thing by using the question mark as both a tool for teamplay, and getting angry at worthless-good-for-nothing teammates (see every other thread in General Dicussion referring to worthless-good-for-nothing teammates).

Meanwhile, making threads about ping spammers will not improve the situation by much at all. Gl hf.
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » August 3, 2015 7:43am | Report
I'm not expecting the problem to go away by posting. But I'm still going to post about it because it does nothing to encourage team mates to rally to your cause. If anything, it does the opposite. I know when someone starts that **** on my I basically ignore all flares from that point forward. I get it if you flare a couple times to show displeasure. I get that. No problem with that. But to spend the rest of the game spamming me, or literally flaring all over the map is flat annoying.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved