Vainglory Forums

Catherine Question from a noob

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Drollo » June 24, 2015 4:32am | Report
Hi folks, new to Vainglory and MOBAs in general, but seemed to be hooked, despite numerous losses interspersed with just enough wins to keep me from despair. Regards Catherine, who's my main go-to... given that she's primarily a support character, what would you say is a good number of assists and kills per game to aim for as a beginner?
Skill Tier Working on it
Server SE Asia
Main Catherine
Learning Glaive, Ringo

Drollo
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » June 24, 2015 7:21pm | Report
There really isn't a specific set of KDA numbers you can ascribe to a skill tier, simply because it depends on who you go up against, your own team composition, and a whole host of factors. As very general rule of thumb is that if you're playing full support Cath, you should have a much lower kill count than your assist count, because you're really just there to help your carry get the kill (and your carry should get the kill to level up as quickly as possible). This could also mean that you die more, because depending on how things play out, you may have to take hits to allow your carry to get away from a gank. All these factors make it hard to put a number to it. Sometimes you get matched with an enemy who has absolutely no idea what they're doing. I've done KDAs like 13/0/11 before because the enemy consistently over-extended and I had the means to turret dive whereas my carry could not. I've also been in cases where I had to totally forego any kind of damage and just keep two very glassy carries alive, so I've gone 1/5/6, kind of thing.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Drollo » June 26, 2015 7:25am | Report
Cool, yeah it seems to be playing out as high assists and low kills so that makes a lot of sense, ty!
Skill Tier Working on it
Server SE Asia
Main Catherine
Learning Glaive, Ringo

Drollo

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved