Vainglory Forums

Clear up on Ironguard Contract. Questions will be answered!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 4, 2015 3:39am | Report
Okay, so I just recently went into a party with a friend (who I haven't played with before) and there was a lot of confusion of ironguard contract and how to effectively use it. Basically, it ended with me being called a noob and getting kicked out of the party. I hope he finds this thread and learns to use IC fully efficiently from here on in.

If you have ironguard, always initiate on jungle creeps, and then let the ally last hit. This is because:

A) you receive a base heal of 80hp for being attacked by the creep (160 hp for a minion miner/gold miner). PLUS a 25% gold bonus to your ally (give him gold). This is the reason for hitting first.
B) when your ally last hits, you receive 50% of the gold of the creep (30% if the creep isn't a jungle one).

So as a rule of thumb, if you have ironguard; hit first and don't hit last.
If you don't have ironguard; don't hit first and hit last.

Cheers!

Link to item page: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/wiki/items/ironguard-contract
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 4, 2015 6:20pm | Report
Omg u have much teach me how guard ggs ez elo frees winz. I thank god bless.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Buleklek » August 4, 2015 8:21pm | Report
i experienced this a lot. i have IGC but my ally jungler keeps pinging me, thinking i'm stealing his creeps..
I Play--
Support: Catherine
Jungle: Alpha / Krul
Lane: Vox / Lyra / Kestrel

Buleklek
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 5, 2015 1:29am | Report
As they say, ignorance is bliss. But only to the ignorant...

For the rest of us, it's both frustrating as well as annoying
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 5, 2015 9:42am | Report
Omg Ty ether thank pro that I silver ggs EZ
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » August 18, 2015 11:26pm | Report
As it that weren't bad enough, I had a team mate this evening that grabbed the IGC and when I went to get the last hit I got ? spammed. I tried it again at the next encounter and again the same thing. Unfortunately then he/she continued to spam me with ? for the rest of the game...*sigh...needless to say we lost and I definitely didn't get honored by that teammate. it has gotten to the point that if I get IGC and they don't understand how it works that I just take the loss in gold and continue on as per normal...obviously people aren't taking the time in the academy to learn a bit more...

Kismutt
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved