Vainglory Forums

Contraption Device

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » August 10, 2015 7:19pm | Report
I think this item needs a boost.
My guess is that this item is best suited to Catherine than any other Hero. That is saying something, considering that the purchase is a waste of gold coin.

Here are some reasons why this item loses it's shine:
It is an item that is only possible mid/late game-
-The upgrades come at the expense of your defensive upgrades, something you start to look at mid/late-game when you start to get an idea of what the enemy team is building.
Most importantly, this item needs more health bonus(+400 or more if no other changes are made).
The mines lose their effectiveness mid/late-game(enemies have the health/armor to shrug off the explosion damage or the speed to avoid any damage.)
The mines and flares need to be upgraded versions of the ones you buy individually in the shop, they should recharge just a little bit faster with a capacity of 4. The reason for this is that the stage of the game you get this item, less time is spent on passive farming and much more time is spent skirmishing. It doesn't take very long for all your traps to get blown-up at this point.
Mines need a slightly faster trigger-to-detonation time & wider explosion radius, and slowed movement speed of the affected target/s.
Flares should last longer and have more firing reach.

Well that is all I got for this item. Sadly it is really disappointing but it will at least be somewhat more effective against squishy Heroes that have a tendency to try to ambush you like Taka.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 10, 2015 10:44pm | Report
Scout mines are called that for a reason, they're supposed to be put in places where they won't detonate but still provide vision.
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 11, 2015 10:01am | Report
Contraption counters all melee
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » August 16, 2015 8:44pm | Report
Agreed. I haven't seen a contraption bought by anyone in the past 50 games because it's trash. To make it better they should increase the health, reduce the item cost, increase the charges to 6 and cool down between each to 10 seconds. The devs need to make huge changes for this item to be remotely worth the gold.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 17, 2015 10:24am | Report
No contraption good. 250 free true damage if you can mine someone.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved