Vainglory Forums

CP Glaive

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Whyu1nunno » October 14, 2015 8:13am | Report
Ok I'm working on a Guide for a CP Glaive. Just wondering... has anyone tested him out in 1.9? I've tested him and he does HELLA damage but not sure if its worth the trade off of losing weapon and crit damage. But the damage on abilities gets in f-ign sane with some of the Alternating current and Frost burn builds I'm trying when infused.

The main drawback is the slow farm. I've remedied this partially with Alternating current. I'm trying to justify it because breaking point builds have slow farm also, and Alternating current farming is actually faster, and more consistent than Breaking point farming because of twisted stroke's low cool down and cleave.

I also tried to remedy this using SGB but I'm still not certain this is necessary, and I think that the 950 gold can be put to better use. I wont lie though..... going into contraption can be fun. I've found a nice little mini game where I place random mines and try to afterburn people into them LOL. Run in with twisted stroke and full stack bloodsong and most characters are suddenly waiting to respawn. I know Contraption might not be necessary but i'm still weighing the benefits of the abilities against the cost of contraption as a jungle carry... haven't reached a conclusion yet. Still testing but i'd like to discuss that as well.

Finally, I've been thinking about final builds. I think Alternating current is a must for the attack speed to build stacks. the crystal power also helps. Adding a Frostburn is almost a must also. I'm wondering if I afterburn through an entire team, does it slow everyone? I think so. I tried it several times but the team fights are so intense lol. I've been thinking about adding Eve, boots, 1 armor and something situational (another defense or maybe a shatterglass).

PS - i'm also open to Hybrid builds. So adding a BP as my 5th item might not be the worst idea in the world. Any advice is appreciated!

Whyu1nunno
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 19, 2015 9:31pm | Report
Contraption is a good idea for the cooldown. But by the time you build alternating current you shouldnt be having any trouble farming. Besides, its your supports job to build contraption and stormguard banner. If you're going to crystal glaive, maybe try aftershock. It wouldn't do alot with afterburn but It'd reduce cooldown and work great with twisted stroke since it's considered a standard critical attack. And itd give more purpose than contraption.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » October 20, 2015 4:09am | Report
I tried a couple of times with a CP build but it didn't worked out really great...

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Whyu1nunno » October 20, 2015 9:42am | Report
yeah I've been trying it out a lot and WP is still much more viable. I have found some VERY strong builds but they are incredibly expensive. I mean you need Alternating current, Aftershock, 2 shatterglass, and an broken myth with boots. the game has to go like 28 mins to get to that lol and he's pretty weak until that 1st shatterglass. Its tough. Still testing though.

Whyu1nunno

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved