Vainglory Forums

Crashing and marked as a deserter

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Phoo » April 4, 2015 2:02pm | Report
Anyone else experiencing reoccurring crashes after the newest update? I've been disconnected/crashed out of games 4 times. When I try to restart the game it automatically goes into the loading screen then crashes again a few more times before it restart and says I abandoned the match.

I've been marked a deserter, stuck in the longer que twice now and lost points once.

Any ideas how I can rectify this? I don't want to be stuck in the long ques and more importantly I don't want to piss other people off by abandoning the match.

Thanks
Phoo

Phoo
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustinJr » April 5, 2015 7:44am | Report
What device are you playing on? I usually play many matches different times of day using mostly my iPad Air 2 and occasionally my iPhone 6, I haven't experienced this problem myself with this update. I had it happen to me a couple of times with earlier versions but once I opened it again it went straight back to the match I was playing but gave me a warning about deserting when the match had ended.
IGN: JustinJr
Server: EU
Tier: PoA

JustinJr
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Phoo » April 5, 2015 7:54am | Report
I'm using an iPad mini. It did it again last night and I was docked 550+ points for abandoning. Now I'm scared to even enter the que.

Phoo
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hikex » April 5, 2015 2:51pm | Report
Yes after this update I have been getting crashed/ frozen screen almost two times a game, sometimes more. It's getting to the point I don't want to play till its fixed. I hope they fix this problem soon.

Hikex
Quote | PM | +Rep by Deadman1342 » April 6, 2015 8:03pm | Report
Yeah may need to delete, and reinstall the game. If this doesn't work, there might be something wrong with your device.

Deadman1342
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 9, 2015 11:16am | Report
Yes I lost carma becouse of it. I thought the system would see that becouse of constant
Drop... Loading... Drop...
I made a post abou 6 months ago becouse some AFK'S look suspitously
familiar.
It was my ipad. Apple brick and morter store says update ipad under settings icon/updates.
There is anothere temporary fix. It's a little harder to find the right web site but
look for ONLINE ipad/whatever tech support. There will be a brief list of problems
To chose froze or write yor own. Important, there will be three options at bottom
1. Leave message 2. Call now 3. Speak with rep.
Press call know, don't worry it won't call, auto scan for device number, it's
Incredabley fast and easy. System scan and recieve email acces code. Follow
Code instructions and enter code. It will do bug and other fix.

It might not take effect right away but will by the next day.
It works great for other games as well but esptialy VainGlory.
That one is only temporary for a month ar so.
What you really want is the system software update my iPad did it
automatically from setting. If it can't update becouse of error
or memory, it's not memory problem. Find the online tech support,
run that, them try system update again.
System update does not mess with your stuff, you will not
notice any changes but all apps run perfect.

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 18, 2015 6:19pm | Report
let me rewrite some of that last post because it sounds confusing and poorly wrote.
It's really not that hard.

many apps have a similar problem with dropping. That is there problem and usually fixed/or not with app updates. Vainglory is different, it is not the apps fault as far as I know. Vainglory dropping is worse/harder than others.

Two fixes
1. THE BEST (recommended from apple brick and mortar store) Update ipad system software. It will
do it automatically. You have probably seen it next to wifi connection. Go to setting icon, under settings, press update software.
If it won't update because of error due to not enough memory, It's wrong, memory is not the problem. I deleted most of my stuff and it said the same thing. Try the bug fix bellow and
and then try update again.

2. Online diagnostic and bug scan/fix.
This is a temporary fix for a month or so. The right web site is a little hard to find. Some other apple sites will link you back there, more or less. Look for, "ONLINE tech support".
The right one will have a "get started" icon. Press get started. You should be able to figure it out from there. After problem check list, item #scan, email address, press the "call now" option. Don't worry it won't make a phone call, that is for your diog scan and diog email code,(might be sp diag ??). After you get the email code, it's pretty cool. It gives you a free bug fix. This works for most apps but especially Vainglory.

What you really want is the software update listed above, 1.
Don't worry the update won't mess with your stuff, you won't even notice the difference except your
Apps work perfect.

I did a ipad software updated again about a month ago. Vainglory worked again first try.

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Meeeeeeee » April 21, 2015 8:16am | Report
Same happens to me. It usually happens after 2-3 days. I just restart my ipad then when i open the app, i only get a warning. My next games were good.

But today was the worst. It happened to me so i decided to restart again my ipad. i returned and tried to play again, and when i was in the middle of a winning match and about to use skaarf's ultimate ability, the game crashed. I lost 50 karma. I tried restarting and removing other active apps in the ipad. I tried to play again, then after i picked a character and the game was loading to begin the match, the game crashed again. I lost more karma this time.

And not just that, it's my 6th day streak. I lost that streak because I'm afraid to try playing until I win knowing that it may crash anytime. I hate it. I'm just two days away from getting my price for that. And all i got? -100 karma.

Meeeeeeee
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 21, 2015 9:24am | Report
Dudes, I'm telling you, update your iPad software. Not the game soft ware, the iPad software.
Or try a online bug scan/ fix.

VainGlory is harder to load when it goes on line than other apps.

Drop... Loading.... Drop... Loading... Drop....
Sound familiar ?

Update the spoftware it works. It is not a memory problem, reinstaling VainGlory won't work either.

Trust me, or go ask the guy at the Apple Kiosk in the Mall or a Apple Store.
Thier realtime online tech support reps suck by the way, their freaking useless. Do it your self maually.
Apple has the free bug/other fix program you jus have to find it online.

Good Luck
I've lost 160 carma at once.
I'm not going to post this again. I tried to tell ya.

Splintermaster
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Splintermaster » April 23, 2015 12:49am | Report
WALKTHROUGH, don't say I never did anything for you guys.

It happened again today. the first time in a month. my software is up to date so I looked for the diagnostic scan. the site has changed a little bit buy it's basically the same.

search your browser yahoo/google for apple ipad tech support. don't pick any site not directly from apple. apple official site, apple/sup/ipad go to the same place basically.

once one apple site/ipad there will be a page were the main focus is a button that says GET STARTED. on the left side of the screen there is a list,game center, apps, ext. go to the very bottom one says contact support. high light contact support and press GET STARTED.

on the next page push the applications icon, from the list of problems choose apps are dropped on loading ???? another three icons chat, call now, leave messege. press call now.
at the bottom another two icons pick, have apple find product ID????

next page leave a email address, leave any email you want it to contact. I used my gaming address. STOP, DONT MOVE, scroll to the top of the screen. there is a blue///// scan bar running that you could not see from down there. when scan is done it will say check email.
give it a minute and wait for apple support email. it will have a blue button to press but the button has never worked. read and follow the instructions bellow the button.

in that email write down the diags://?????. number. search that number from safari/apple not from yahoo/google. in safari search bar type only that number, diogs://?????.

you can do that a couple of times. once you type that number and press quick scan you are done. if under you number it says message received you are done. in about half a hour you might hear a little bink. that was probably apple.
have to do the e mail fairly quickly or your number will disappear.

I waited to long twice because of making lunch. then I nailed it and did it once more for good measure. I have done it twice before on aaccident so I know it's ok to to.

45 min latter I heard a small bink, finished my dinner, and then played a game no problem.
I've done this before to look for virus problems and Vainglory still didn't work till the next day.

Thank goodness that diag scan worked. I was worried after the desertr and over 100 carma lost.

That's all I've got. It works pretty good I guess. I am up and playing again for now.

good luck, see you in the fold,hopefully

Splintermaster
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved