Vainglory Forums

Custom Hero: Hari, a Black Magic Spells Word with a Lust for Power

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nine-Cence » February 21, 2016 1:38pm | Report
I'm back with another fan favorite custom hero from the guy that brought you that one good character and then "Basically Ardan" before vanishing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xpTiJ4PDCgXZhNyclj6WUNNvjLPHFruKAirwKQs_vz8/edit?usp=sharing
So I spent the last month reworking Hari, because I really enjoyed him and I felt that he had potential, but was complicated to a degree that I ended up realizing was unnecessary, counterintuitive, and generally bad; so I remade him, keeping what I liked and trying to balance him by making him a Krul-like fighter that works in team fights and late game single combat, but is:
A) weak early game;
B) Vulnerable to burst damage, being outnumbered, ranged heroes, and especially being starved;
C) Hard countered by stuns, slows, and Atlas Pauldron, and is hindered by straight defense and good vision control by the enemy team.
His heroic perk allows for decent sustain while jungling or in lane, and can maybe help him make it out of fights in better shape than others, but it's the one I'm least sure about in terms of the (more) active part. I also really liked the idea that he grows even stronger as he builds down a certain path, and I felt that the best way to include that idea without making it obscenely complicated to program, play, and read was to have it as it is.
I feel that his abilities function well enough at the start, and grow in power when he builds to them without turning him into a god that (originally) never took damage and tore down everything that came up against him. I could be wrong in that regard, but some quick thought experiments made it seem like he can win and lose evenly depending on skill. A crystal build makes him really bursty, but lacking either sustain or survivability, and a weapon build makes him a powerful DPS hero, but requires that he maintain a gold advantage early in the game and, in fights, survive through the start.
Feedback, as always, would be nice, and if you see anything wrong, tell me and maybe suggest something of your own.

Nine-Cence
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 22, 2016 6:51am | Report
Feel like he would be played in the lane almost exclusively because of his passive.

And I love this but could you post this in the artist forum, I feel like this is art and you would get more help/advice there.

Keep up the great work

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » March 6, 2016 7:55pm | Report
I think 300 crystal power and 400 weapon power is too much. 400 wp is more than two sorrowblades, and 300 cp is two shatterglasses, and the power spike that you gain from reaching that point is absurd. It would be pretty jarring for the enemy team to face that immensely powered-up Hari when you can't tell (without tracking him all game) whether he's gotten his special effects.
Nine-Cence wrote:

A crystal build makes him really bursty, but lacking either sustain or survivability, and a weapon build makes him a powerful DPS hero, but requires that he maintain a gold advantage early in the game and, in fights, survive through the start.

Based on what I've seen, Hari is way too easy to deal with. All you have to do is have a jungler that has even a decent early-mid game, slaughter Hari, and steal his minions. That way wp Hari can't "maintain a gold advantage early in the game." And if said jungler is even slightly bursty, crystal Hari will die immediately. If the other jungler keeps killing Hari over and over again, stealing his minions the whole time, Hari will never be able to the power he needs to activate the special passives.
That being said, if Hari DOES get to that mark, he seems to be pretty powerful. What I would tell you to change is to do what SEMC did to Krul the last two updates: tune up his early-game, but tune down his late-game. Late-game to me is defined as how much progress you've made on your build, so if you're getting harrassed constantly and having your minions stolen, you can't get to your late game, can you?

I have to admit though, his abilities and just him in general seem pretty cool. xD Good work on this.
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved