Vainglory Forums

Dealing with Farmers?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 5, 2015 5:47pm | Report
In light of trying to be constructive and not shifting the blame onto others, I'm hoping to phrase this as something I can do to contribute more to a team if I'm in solo queue. If it matters, I'm oscillating between Pretty Good and The Hotness.

So every now and then I end up in a team pairing with a jungler (think Taka/Glaive) who farms incessantly and isn't fully responsive to pings. By the former, I mean they carry on farming even after reaching Lvl 12, and you could be taking an enemy right around the corner but they're more interested in getting the mob they're currently on. By the latter I mean that if I spot the enemy bunching up in the bushes and preparing to spring a surprise attack, and I throw a ping to tell everyone to gather, they do get there, but by the time they do the fight is long over. I'd attribute that to a general lack of "map sense" because they're clearly busy farming.

So the question is, how does one work around this? I've tried the following:

1. Pinging their area, followed by the area they need to be, to inform them to stop farming and come to assist.
2. Bringing the fight to them. Sometimes this is possible, sometimes it isn't. In most cases it just ends up with an additional person wiping the floor of the map.

What would you do? I know the absolute solution is to play in parties, but unfortunately that isn't a luxury I always have.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 5, 2015 6:16pm | Report
Map sense... I like that term... Lmao.

It happens. Once you get to the hotness gold you'll see way less of this (and you should be there soon, you sound like a good player).

Your best option is to wait for them; to go stand near them while the enemy bunches. Never go head on into the enemy without your teammates. Hopefully your teammate will catch a clue and follow you. If they don't, you'll at least have some extra help when the enemy team comes rolling through. Most of the players will fight the enemy when they get close, even if they don't go to help you out when the enemy is obviously bunching or moving about. It's best to play it safe. Let them lead, if anything; a slow team that follows a clueless player is better than a divided team that gets killed off one by one.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved