Vainglory Forums

Declining and/or timing out at Select Character (pre-game start)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by jCHall » December 9, 2014 8:14am | Report
Hi folks,

Been playing only a few weeks. Understand the AFK penalties and EOL match-making concepts.

I think I saw someone post that you can also get 'penalized' for declining a team and/or not choosing a character so it times out and returns you the match-making pool.

Is this correct? What are the penalties?

For Devs: again, I see a real issue if penalized for not choosing a character when a Newbie. I've only had a few weeks play time. However, I've gotten pretty decent with one character, so have chosen to stick with that for a bit and learn more about build choice impacts (especially now that you're doing weekend double glory bonuses).

I've managed usually to grab that character, but the times where I haven't been able to get it are almost certain lost games. My EOL or Karma is putting me in with good players and all of a sudden I have to pick a character I've seldom or never played...haven't reviewed a build guide, etc.

I also only have about 40 minutes per night to play. SOOOOoooo, my choice is: sit out the 2 minutes refusing to pick a character or pick a strange hero and ensure a loss for my team. A loss that will be my only game of the night while I basically die and die and die and cannot even learn enough on it to get better. Sure you can tell me to go practice solo...but hero kills, sniping and the like don't occur in the solo practice so it isn't even a viable build environment. I realize part of what I'm saying suggests that you have to play other characters during matches to progress...but the combination of higher karma/EOL means you really cannot.

I don't want to create other accounts and such. Surely something else could be added? Maybe a team request (I know pre-game chat is about to be enabled...will that happen before character selection? IF SO...is part of that intent to agree who will pick what character?)

Would it help or hurt to have some type of "please re-select characters" button. If I pressed it, I would be indirectly telling my team mates I need to pick one of the already chosen ones or we'll suck. Yes that could be abused, but you don't have to agree to shuffle and re-select, so it would only be a request while the time is ticking downward...

jCHall
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved