Vainglory Forums

Defending Catherine's stun?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PhilthyPhil » March 11, 2015 10:37pm | Report
Catherine seems to be my biggest nemesis. Would reflex block prevent it from stunning me?

PhilthyPhil
Quote | PM | +Rep by gGumi » March 12, 2015 2:04am | Report
Yes, it would, but it requires certain timings to actually block her stun, reflex block lasts for a few seconds tops. Best you could do is wat for her to get close and then use it.
IGN:TiTan.
KARMA LEVEL:10 ( cba to level up anymore, since i just lag out and get kicked. lmfao ).
MAIN HEROES: Petal Koshka
PRACTICING: Celeste.
TIER LEVEL:Decent-ish.[bgcolor=#ffffff]

gGumi
<Editor>
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 12, 2015 4:32am | Report
Who's your main? There could be a counter, depending on which hero you're using. Cath's a strong protector, that's for sure, but all characters are balanced against each other so that none have an unfair advantage over the others.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » March 12, 2015 4:36am | Report
there are several options:
1) outrange her when she is in stun mode
2) use reflex block/crucible
3) use hero's ability to block stun (currently as i remember it is only Taka with his jump)
4) tank it
5) heal through it
6) use your teammates to protect you (counter stun from your cath, glaive knock or if your team just kills everyone)

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » March 14, 2015 3:48pm | Report
It's tough if she ganks you to hit reflex block. But if you are in the open lane or have good vision in the pit a Reflex block/Crucible/Aegis with good timing will block her stun. You have to be careful if she opens up with a Blast Tremor and then hits you with a Pursuit. She's a character you always got to account for no matter what the player builds. Keep playing against her and use the tips from the feed and she won't be as much of a nuisance to you and she'll switch the badgering a different teammate. Hope this helped!
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved