Vainglory Forums

Deserters

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » September 15, 2015 11:53am | Report
Alright, I'm getting pretty tired of people deserting the match. I'd probably say that someone goes AFK, at least, once every 5 matches I play in (and it happens to be one of my teammates 4 out of 5 times). It's annoying and frustrating. There really needs to be a bigger penalty for desertion. I mean, I want this penalty to have a larger impact to sway people from going AFK. Start taking away Glory, as well as banning them temporarily.

I have Great Karma. I thought with Great Karma, you'd team with other people who have Great Karma. Obviously if someone's going AFK, they have less than such because who would want to toss their Great Karma away? The Karma system still needs reworked, but it is getting better. The Karma system in general is perfect in my opinion, but the way it contributes to matchmaking needs an overhaul.

To those that AFK, don't queue up a match if you know that you'll possibly be driven away from the game. Put your game on DO NOT DISTURB (I'm sure there's a feature like that on droids, as well). Don't rage quit. Be a good sport and play it out. Take a note on the battery life of your mobile device before queuing. You don't want it dying on you in the midst of a match. See, committing to a match isn't difficult at all. You just have to know when you have time to play the game. I mean, the game does tell you how long a match generally takes on average. Give yourself 10 more minutes for that cushion of uninterruption.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LadyNefarious » September 15, 2015 5:25pm | Report
It's annoying as hell and I always thumbs down them but sometimes people's internet disconnects or phones ring or apps crash..
It's a bit harsh to punish people for that..
If it's a continuos thing then by all means but there is so many people who play this game that it might be the first time it's happened to everyone.

LadyNefarious
Quote | PM | +Rep by Amazingelk » September 26, 2015 10:57pm | Report
They wouldn't do this, it's a bit harsh if your internet crashes if you iPad dies(or android device) and you lose like 100 glory or something.
Main:Catherine
Tier:4
Ign:Amazingelk
-Elk

Amazingelk
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ouroboro » September 29, 2015 11:40am | Report
I don't know about anyone else, but desertion has become the norm in a lot of games lately. Just last night, my friend had 4 games, back to back, where someone has deserted his team. I just played 2 games within the hour, back to back, where someone deserted the team. I wouldn't even call it a rage quit, since it was 6 minutes into the game both times. I'm beyond pissed at this. I have Great Karma, so shouldn't I be paired with others with Great Karma? It seems like I would. That way I would be paired with others that have a sense of committment for the game and team. Ridiculous the matchmaking is. It seems like I've been pairing with those in the Bad Karma pool (as it would seem with the lack of committment). This is not a game for rage quitters. You'll get nowhere.
IGN: Ouroboro

"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate." -Sun Tzu, The Art of War-

Ouroboro
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by HugoRune » September 30, 2015 1:43pm | Report
IDK it seems to come in waves. A couple of weeks ago I had a 5 game loss streak, all ranked, all caused by quitters. Then I have almost a week with no quitters at all. I'm beginning to wonder if some of it is related to server lag or responsiveness, as chains of quitters seem to be accompanied by bad ping.

FWIW I'm on the EU servers and we've seen some really bad days the last month or so.

HugoRune
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved