Vainglory Forums

DEVS!! Card frequency REALLY needs to be increased!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RandallFlagg » July 5, 2015 12:53pm | Report
I've been playing since the game launched, and I play A LOT. I currently have 945 wins. I can't really imagine people playing much more than I do that can still manage a normal life that involves leaving the house! Just saying that to establish, despite playing so frequently I currently have

139 common
34 rare
7 epic
1 legendary

The most of any rare card I have is 4, many just one.
The most I have of epic is 2.
But commons I have several with over 20!

With the amount I play, and the amount of cards I have, I still haven't even earned enough for a Tier 1 skin of ANY hero. However, I understand that it's best to buy Tier 1 with ICE and save the cards for Tier 2, because if I have to play even more and for longer than I already have to even be ABLE to weave a Tier 1, there would be NO hope of ever getting a Tier 2.

I have bought every hero with glory (except maybe Fortress early access and Prehistoric Glaive with ICE) and I still have over 62,000 in Glory. I've bought a few drawings from the card boxes, but it's still heavy on Commons, and only have a few Rare or Epic cards in the first place, so I'm not even confident spending 62,000 worth of Glory would get me to a Tier 2 skin.

Just saying as a person that's WON 945 games and counting, you can imagine how many more games I've played and lost. How can it be that a person who's probably played 2,000 matches can't even get as silly an in game reward as a skin without having to pay (And I have bought and used ICE because I love your game and want to support you guys!)

Just a minor venting session, but otherwise thanks and keep up the great work!
IGN: RandallFlagg (NA) (read The Stand, folks)
Skill Tier: Simply Amazing
Level: 20
Wins: 950 and counting
I play 'em all- lately killing it with Taka, Fortress, and Vox

RandallFlagg
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sat on your cat » July 5, 2015 2:07pm | Report
Most of your wins were probably before the card system though, right?

I'm only interested in Cath skins because she's my main character, but I can't even begin getting the epic cards for her tier 2 yet because it's not in the game. :/

Sat on your cat
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 5, 2015 8:12pm | Report
The whole skin setup is pretty ridiculous. There's a reason why you don't see many players with skins...

they really overpriced skins regarding ice & made them nearly impossible to get without ice. Just blew 4k glory on cards & I'm nowhere near a skin. It's ironic; 4k glory can get you half of the new hero but it can't get you 10% of your favorite hero's skin....

I'm hoping SEMC eventually understands that nobody is going to buy an overpriced cosmetic, and that skins are impossible with glory. 10$ for a skin? Really? I'd rather spend that on a brazzers account.

It'd be helpful if we could just straight up purchase skins for, say, 8k glory on a tier 1, but nope. That's too logical...
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlackLightning01 » July 9, 2015 10:33am | Report
Yeah, I wish we could just purchase the skins with glory too... Or at least purchase cards that we actually WANT.
The thing is, the glory box that only has Common cards costs 49 Glory.
A glory box that will give you 7 common cards every two boxes costs 749 Glory.
Does that not sound ridiculous?
It's much more worth it to buy the Tier 1 Skins with ICE. But what are you going to do for the tier 2 and 3? Buy ICE Boxes? Which don't guarantee you getting the skins you want?
I'm pretty sure League has a cheaper skin system. -_-

EDIT : Nevermind about that last statement. It's about the same price, and usually just recolors. At least SEMC takes time into making quality skins. (Which is why we don't like the price; we want them badly)
IGN : BlackLightning01
Region : North America
Mains : Ringo, Blackfeather, Ardan
Laners : Ringo, Vox, Kestrel, Joule
Junglers : Blackfeather, Taka, Ozo, Koshka
Roamers : Ardan, Catherine, Phinn
Skill Tier (Winter Season 2016) : Simply Amazing Bronze

BlackLightning01
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 11, 2015 5:40pm | Report
I play 5-6 matches a day on average. I got my first Ardan rare card today, only 15 more to go. If I've gotten one so far in how many weeks since this card system? It could take years.....

I would gladly pay $5 a skin, but its $10 per (I get that if you are going to buy several skins you will get it for a few dollars cheaper since there will be left over ICE). I understand they SEMC wants to make a little money off this, but wouldn't a lot more people pay a little less for a skin than a few people paying a lot more?
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 17, 2015 10:14am | Report
What, do you want them to just GIVE skins away? Appreciate what you have and eventually you will get a skin it is supposed to take a long time.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved