Vainglory Forums

Difference between Weapon Power and Crystal?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acedia966 » February 11, 2015 7:20pm | Report
I'm not sure if anyone started a thread on this but I was wondering what the difference is between Weapon Power and Crystal. Does Crystal increase the strength of abilities for all heroes? Are there some heroes that are better off having more Crystal than Weapon Power?

Thanks! :)

Acedia966
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 12, 2015 7:56am | Report
You are on the right track. Crystal power increases ability damage while Weapon power increases basic attack damage. For defending, shield blocks crystal and armor blocks weapon.

Skaarf is about the only hero that only works well with one damage type (crystal), because he is a mage and meant to be played that way. Otherwise, just find which playstyle you like better and use it.

Take a look at the hero guides and if one hero is mainly being built one way, it's most likely the more effective way to build that hero. But don't be afraid to experiment! :)
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » February 12, 2015 11:01am | Report
wolf_hands wrote:

Skaarf is about the only hero that only works well with one damage type (crystal), because he is a mage and meant to be played that way. Otherwise, just find which playstyle you like better and use it.

Saw is the worst crystal player in the game. If you play on my team as Saw please don't build crystal. If you are on the other team go ahead and build crystal, hahaha.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 12, 2015 11:33am | Report
@SexyMonkeyKing You don't like Cyrstal Shank SAW? Pretty awesome if played right :P
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 12, 2015 12:45pm | Report
Lol Crystal Saw in the right hands is currently very popular in high elo games, and for a reason too. The dmg is real and a perfect counter for BP builds.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » February 12, 2015 8:24pm | Report
Yes, stab for over half health is NASTY!
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by jttm » February 15, 2015 6:36pm | Report
I lol @SexyMonkeyKing for saying that CP SAW is bad. CP SAW is the terror of my games.

@wolf_hands Koshka is the other hero that cannot be played with weapon power. Her CP counterpart is far stronger and better draws from her early game strength.

jttm
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved