Vainglory Forums

Different ELO system for Casual/ Ranked Playlists?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nicknation » August 4, 2015 8:12am | Report
I have played this game since Taka first came out. I was ranked Hotness back when the only thing you could play was ranked. Later on Vainglory came out with a leveling system (which I do approve of) and also two different game modes (also smart). What I am wondering is if anyone has information on if there is something like another "hidden" ELO/ skill tier for your casual playlist. Like say for example that I want to experiment with Skaarf laning when I have only mained Jungler and Support roles. Am I still going to be placed with other people who are ranked in Hotness tier or is it lower/ based on my ability to play while experimenting?

This idea first came into my mind as I FINALLY reached level 10 (I have been busy lately haha). And I played a ranked game at the Hotness skill tier and I felt everyone on the team was really bad. My Taka went 1/9/4, my Ringo was a bit better at 6/5/4. Since Taka wasn't even playing his role correctly and wasn't building correctly (he started with an Ironguard contract and then build armor). I had to build a Shatterglass to rack up 6 kills for myself and carry the team. If the enemy team Celeste didn't AFK I think we would have lost.

Anyway, that seemed to be evidence that the ELO's were not tied and over the time of me getting up to level 10, I became a better player and was above the skill tier I was ranked at. Casual games seemed harder than my ranked games.

I hope the ELO's could be separate because that means I can feel free to experiment with new champions in weekly rotation without being thrown into skill tiers where everyone knows how to play their champion really well. I hope that makes sense.

If anyone knows exactly what the real situation is I would love to know! Thanks :)

Nicknation
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 4, 2015 10:41am | Report
There is a hidden ranking system for casual.

Your level, how many wins you have, experience, does not affect this. As far as I know, it works the same as ranked.

Ranked, casual, and vs ai are not tied together at all. All have separate ranking systems.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved