Vainglory Forums

Do the ranking tiers really matter?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by HeavyHitter » May 16, 2015 4:15am | Report
Okay so you have just played four or more matches in a row and some how you have lost every match. You begin to wonder why God gave you fingers to tap this screen so vehemently only to struggle in vain. (no puns please) You then check the infamous player page to see your ranking and horrifyingly you have dropped a tier. And as you continue to play more matches you drop another tier and another. And after this session of play it leaves you dry and hollow wondering what the hell happened to that 10 match win streak that got you to the highest tier you've ever reached just yesterday. Maybe your in a team. Or maybe you're like the rest of the wonderful people known as solo-quer's. (I don't know if teams struggle with this sort of thing.) The question begins to cloud your mind, "was it luck? No it can't be, I am a good player," you say to yourself. But if it is luck why does it matter to rage so much or feel so horrible during and after a loss? Why do we care so much about these stinking tiers if our only hope of climbing depends on luck? I have asked this very question in another thread but to sum that question up with new wording: At what point do you become the type of player that can carry any team good or bad players with skill alone? Why is the system allowing this loophole to exist? Should tiers and ranking not matter until your are capable of God Like Carrying?

Thoughts?

I tend to think deeply about things so please pardon my recent string of long post. I will try to tone it down from here on.
Fav - Joule
Primary pick - Joule
Alternate choice - Taka, krul

HeavyHitter

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved