Vainglory Forums

Does The Enemy Team See What I Blind Pick or What?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMinuteman » May 6, 2017 11:03am | Report
I've had a terrible run of luck recently, dropping a full rank, out of Credible Threat even. For some reason, the enemy team always counters whatever I pick. If I pick Skye, the other team has taka. If I pick Petal, other team has blackfeather. It seems as if every match, the other team gets to see what I pick and counter pick it. Is anyone else having this problem? Wtf.

TheMinuteman
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » May 6, 2017 4:45pm | Report
Yeah all of today I ended up against teams that perfectly countered who ever I picked. I picked lance and ended up against phinn, I picked phinn and ended up against lyra, I picked baptiste and ended up against a BF combined with a Lyra. It really gets annoying since you feel like your the most worthless person on your team due to this countering. What tends to suck even worse is that your allies might have no regard for the countering and ping you if you die a lot.

The thing is though, blind picking is meant to test our skill with a hero even when we have no idea which hero or comp we are playing against. Ending up against counters or better comps is a part of a way too try and make you better at facing any situation.

Another part of it is just luck. Considering that there is no draft and you have no ability to see who the enemy team is picking makes blind picking a gamble. If your lucky you will usually find yourself against heroes you counter or comps that arent as good as yours. If your unlucky, however, then you will usually end up against counters, better comps, or even just someone who knows how to make taka look useful XD.

The thing to do in blind picking is just to practice with a couple of heroes until you get good enough to even be able to challenge counters. I see many taka mains beat up petals, gwens, lances, maybe even all of them on the same team. You just have to practice and get better with who you have! If you can master at least 1 hero for every roll, then blind pick should be a lot easier on your life.
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved